Petzl Sequoia Modifications

DrSteeeve

I think the mere fact that the majority of the people giving you advice on why you shouldnt do what your doing, have neglected to even ask or wonder why your doing this when you have a perfectly reasonable reason for this ?

You solved your problem on your own, that speaks volumes. You do not need this forum.

Just go your own way, be safe, learn from others, but never put more faith in some anonomous poster on the internet. Its far too easy to be a self appointed expert, in this thread alone you have people who I would venture have never climbed a tree before, or have climbed so few as too never be able to give advice regarding climbing, but they are advising you why your setup sucks.....lol.

When your post starts out 'I know Im just a beginner, BUT...',

stop.

Just stop.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the mere fact that the majority of the people giving you advice on why you shouldnt do what your doing, have neglected to even ask or wonder why your doing this when you have a perfectly reasonable reason for this ?

You solved your problem on your own, that speaks volumes. You do not need this forum.

Just go your own way, be safe, learn from others, but never put more faith in some anonomous poster on the internet. Its far too easy to be a self appointed expert, in this thread alone you have people who I would venture have never climbed a tree before, or have climbed so few as too never be able to give advice regarding climbing, but they are advising you why your setup sucks.....lol.

When your post starts out 'I know Im just a beginner, BUT...',

stop.

Just stop.[/QUOT

I think you are on the wrong forum if you think the advice that has been given in this thread is bollocks.As soon as you post a topic on here you open your self up to advice which is the point of being on here,you'll find most guys on here do have a lot of experience just ask them don't attack them for offering advice.

Edited by nz paul

Its far too easy to be a self appointed expert, in this thread alone you have people who I would venture have never climbed a tree before, or have climbed so few as too never be able to give advice regarding climbing, but they are advising you why your setup sucks.....lol..

:wtf:

...They just want to stuff their opinion down your throat so they can prove themselves as still being in the right, and can go on firm in the belief they have righted the wrongs in the climbing world....once again...

Pot meet kettle.

Here's the action shot from today, ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=122980&d=1367703600...]

Change out the tether on the hand ascender to something just strong enough to keep you from losing it. You are not using it for life support. If you were to take a fall and it happened to take the load, both you (because it is tethered to the side of your harness) and the rope (because it is a toothed ascender) would suffer.

Put corner traps or keepers on the carabiners to prevent possible cross-loading.

Hi Dr Mc

After this photo I changed the tether to the center hole in the rigging plate, I'm not thinking of it for fall prevention as such although it would help a little, but can use it to anchor to something or bypass a clip in if I needed to sort something out in an emergency :0/

Have you tried using this method with a hitch climber? Your still having to use your arms an awful lot from the looks of it only with the added bonus of greater pulley ration, its basically a rads/yoyo system but without the leg loops. One of the reasons I think most of us get on fine with standard set-ups is obviously a little more physical conditioning and also because we become less reliant on our arms for ascent, the rads has a leg loop which should help you as the system your using there looks awkward to use any kind of foot grab or loop?

Back to the hitch climber with a doubled system a HC to me at least just seems more practical and you can do exactly what your doing it a more tidy compact package it would also open up the use of the double rope walker. The ID is better for single line and rads with a foot loop.

Here is a link to Gerald's YouTube vid if you search his channel you should find a better vid giving a detailed view on how to set it up.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdV8Nr4tEpo]DLRW 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I'll have to give your set up a try sometime.