fr jones wont post a saw

kinney logging

Yeah, but you keep money in the local economy and you build a relationship with the local dealer who will be able to work on your saw there and then, rather than have to post it back and wait for its return. You pay for the local service and availability. Not to say you don't get good service from Jones, all I've heard about them has been good.

the money is better of in my wallet i think

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they tightened up recently? I know someone who got a Husky through the post within the last two months (I think, say three months to be on the safe side), only had to provide proof of being a proffessional user (sent copy of NPTC card). I'm pretty sure I was told the same for Stilh over the interweb.

Good news for local dealers if they have tightened up. :thumbup1: Bad news for the internet boys. :thumbdown:

I think it depends on many things. I do believe though that proof of nptc certs for the relevant units can still get you a saw from some places.

my local dealer is £100 more than fr jones

It's quite clearly shown on the site that they don't mail order.

Their prices are keen but you should be able to persuade a local dealer to get close. Have you had a haggle yet? :001_huh:

Don't tell Justin but I bought a little Stihl a couple of weeks ago from a local dealer for less than Jones' were advertising it :thumbup1::001_tongue:

I think it depends on many things. I do believe though that proof of nptc certs for the relevant units can still get you a saw from some places.

It's quite clearly shown on the site that they don't mail order.

Their prices are keen but you should be able to persuade a local dealer to get close. Have you had a haggle yet? :001_huh:

Don't tell Justin but I bought a little Stihl a couple of weeks ago from a local dealer for less than Jones' were advertising it :thumbup1::001_tongue:

says they post to returning customers. the dealer wont budge on his price greedy fecker

i agree with you i asked if i give them a copy of papers would that work but sadly no

This is odd, prior to doing my 30/31 they offered to post the saw to my training centre where I would be able to collect it for the beginning of my course. I ended up visiting family in Forest hill where I'm from so collected it in person. Though all I had to do was sign a piece of paper........

Perhaps it's the cost of shipping across the water?

Fair enough.

I originally thought the problem was the posting to NI, not the posting of the saw. Wondered if it was like our highlands & islands restrictions on anywhere north of Perth.

ya i know what you mean i get that alot . its just the fact its a saw this time

This is odd, prior to doing my 30/31 they offered to post the saw to my training centre where I would be able to collect it for the beginning of my course. I ended up visiting family in Forest hill where I'm from so collected it in person. Though all I had to do was sign a piece of paper........

Perhaps it's the cost of shipping across the water?

id be paying for the shiping.

says they post to returning customers. the dealer wont budge on his price greedy fecker

Well he is Irish. That's just as bad as Scottish :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::001_tt2::001_tt2:

Now I'm in two minds over the posting service. You can easily buy one on ebay that will post a new saw to you. May not be cheaper but they will and in this day of Internet shopping and doing it on the go with iPhones and iPads everyone does it now.

Makes life easy. If I was to go to jones to buy a saw that's an hour and a half trip there then back again. That's a full day out of my working. It's ten mins on the iPad and I just wait for things to turn up.

But I can see that going to a dealer is also beneficial as they can run through the saw with you and ensure you know the run in period. Also try and sell you all manner of shiny stuff in the process :lol::001_tongue:

I'm pretty sure that you don't need cs30 + tickets to buy a saw. Only the toppers.