What's my dead elm worth?

Central

First, dead elm trees x 2 at 18m high - nowhere near 16 ton; less than half that I would expect (no butt diameter given...).

It's worth nowt to a firewood merchant because of the hassle of transport; if it's straightish 7-8' sticks and will fill a lorry (which your volume won't) you'd be in luck; no merchant is going to want 1m lengths - they won't cover the pins on the lorry.

Well that's a load of crap; too much reading that silly old firewood poem methinks. Elm is amazing firewood...

I don't read poems all I was saying was my opinion ok no more I wasn't rude but you wanna get into being like that no worries I could but haven't said things you've said are bull crap

Honestly I had it in this forum sorry guys but I really think I'm way way outta place.

I have cut more timber more firewood etc in 30 years than I'd care to think of but you guys go for it.

Mods delete my account thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't read poems all I was saying was my opinion ok no more I wasn't rude but you wanna get into being like that no worries I could but haven't said things you've said are bull crap

Honestly I had it in this forum sorry guys but I really think I'm way way outta place.

I have cut more timber more firewood etc in 30 years than I'd care to think of but you guys go for it.

Mods delete my account thanks

Crikey!One less than positive comment and the"Big bad timber faller" hitches up his skirt and flounces off!

Crikey!One less than positive comment and the"Big bad timber faller" hitches up his skirt and flounces off!

I make no claims about anything I try to give my opinion if you don't like it ignore it there no need to be rude.

if someone wants to get into it with me cool do it of the board I can and will defend my ground.

I don't call you things but if that makes ya happy go for it

You were wrong in fact Elm burns well. There is no opinion about that, it does.

Now if someone drawing your attention to that by using the word, "Crap" causes you to throw your toys out of the pram one wonders how you survived working in the Logging camp with all the mickey taking.

I make no claims about anything I try to give my opinion if you don't like it ignore it there no need to be rude.

if someone wants to get into it with me cool do it of the board I can and will defend my ground.

I don't call you things but if that makes ya happy go for it

I'd just ignore em mate, don't let it get to ya. There are some sound people on here. I know what you are saying with elm as I have had some in the past that was lying on the ground and had bark on and was very wet but on the other hand Standing dead e that has been killed by DED and the bark is of is hard as nails and burns great and hot. Keep smiling:)

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

You were wrong in fact Elm burns well. There is no opinion about that, it does.

Now if someone drawing your attention to that by using the word, "Crap" causes you to throw your toys out of the pram one wonders how you survived working in the Logging camp with all the mickey taking.

Logging camps .........when was the last logging camp??? your way outta date and survive lol well seem to have made it for 30 years plus but hey opinions like assholes ........everyones got one

Elm your opinion there but we leave that crap lying unless the turners etc want it as it burns like mold in a grave yard ..........you have considered there are different varieties ??? thought you'd know that being an arb guy ???

as far as logging get your facts right there before ya make a real dork of ya self ok

I'd just ignore em mate, don't let it get to ya. There are some sound people on here. I know what you are saying with elm as I have had some in the past that was lying on the ground and had bark on and was very wet but on the other hand Standing dead e that has been killed by DED and the bark is of is hard as nails and burns great and hot. Keep smiling:)

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

I get ya bro .......I took it that it was down not standing ..........Maybe we have diff elm over the pond

Oh and this is for the MOD you wanna diss me buddy then come cut with me as I'll smoke your butt by lunch if not before .......now ya can ban delete or do as ya want BUT DO NOT BE RUDE AND THINK YA KNOW IT ALL AS GUESS WHAT YA DON'T

Back to the O.P question...

I am often asked if I will cut down trees for the wood.

Answer is normally a resounding NO!

If you've got the savoir faire to undertake the project yourself right down to splitting it then surely there is a few quid to be made selling it to locals.

If you want a pro arb to do it for you AND pay you for the privilage then I'm sure your onto a loser in this case.

Regards

Logging camps .........when was the last logging camp??? your way outta date and survive lol well seem to have made it for 30 years plus but hey opinions like assholes ........everyones got one

Elm your opinion there but we leave that crap lying unless the turners etc want it as it burns like mold in a grave yard ..........you have considered there are different varieties ??? thought you'd know that being an arb guy ???

as far as logging get your facts right there before ya make a real dork of ya self ok

I believe that post has just been filled.

By an outstanding candidate.

I believe that post has just been filled.

By an outstanding candidate.

[/u][/b]

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Mr boar man (I think my high school french translation is right), sir google is a wonderful thing .........If you seem to think there are big logging camps left in the lower 48 then well I don't think so........If ya been reading books bought from Amazon then cool but they kinda finished 60's maybe a bit later but there ain't none big time now. Most of the work is done by gypo loggers contracted by the big companies so if your gonna open your mouth with accusations that way at least get ya facts right.

Elm well that was my experience of the type we had

there was no need to be rude and then start saying things that aren't true.

I'd guess cause your the big cahonies round here you and your friends will get me booted unless they do as I asked and delete me but before I'd use google to find out what a dork is lol

To any and all friends and folks I've talked to on here be safe keep cutting and thanks.