need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

HI MATE it nice to see your happy with it jon :thumbup:

I wouldt say its tearing like the 560

however when me and gus did a cutting comp between them my 362 won, maybe I can sharpen better than him or I was on 3/8 chain and him .325 but the stihl did cut quicker,

It was beech 13 ish " log

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crazy.

no ppe.

In my industry that's a no no but seems to be accepted in arb world.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

He's simply testing the saw with a buck or two. He's a saw builder, not an arborist. His industry is building saws, and it has been for decades. For all day arb or logging work, I'm sure he'd wear PPE. Most Americans aren't as afraid of being maimed as Europeans, it would seem.

Hi there, new to this site, came on to it as I have just bought a 560xp from F R Jones and son, agree with comments so far in that great saw when it is working but what a bitch to start when hot and yes it cuts out etc. Also runs on half revs when it should be running on idle. My mate bought one from a local dealer and he has had exactly the same problems, we are running them on Aspen so no issues with fuel etc and I have run an old Stihl MS260 on the same Aspen with no issues. So I called F R Jones this morning, these guys seem to really know what they are talking about and offer great customer service. They said that it needs to be fitted with a new hot start kit which includes new fuel lines etc and then be retuned by plugging back in to the laptop. They are picking it up tomorrow via their courier at their expense and I assume will post back out to me when all sorted so will update you then. Really pleased with their service and mine was over £100 cheaper than what my mate paid locally:001_tt2: I will update this when I get it back and have had the opportunity to run it.

... said that it needs to be fitted with a new hot start kit which includes new fuel lines etc and then be retuned by plugging back in to the laptop...
Come across a number of references to 'hot start kit'. If it's a known problem, why hasn't Husky fixed it in production or fitting the kits through their dealers, before the saws are sold. I assume this has nothing to do with Aspen, as the 'Autotune' is suppose to adjust itself for different fuels. And I'm asking myself, is this a problem with all new Husky saws fitted with the auto tuning carbs? Edited by TGB

Yes it does beggar belief that they haven't done anything about it I agree but I am prepared to see what happens when I get it back. Just for the record, mine was ok for about the first 12-14 hours or so and then it started to play up. Another point just to add insult to injury to husky, after such a short period of time the bar looks as though it is about 2 years old!