need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not being rude buddy but ya seem to be jumping around between 50cc saws 60cc saws and 70cc saws. From pro saws to semi pro.

I guess what I can't figure is what do ya want the saw to cope with? I maybe missed that somewhere.

What kinda timber you in? are you falling it,bucking it etc or what? Are you standing in a wood yard bolting timber or cutting for ties etc

Sorry if I seem blunt but I'm confused as to what ya want a saw for I know it a ground saw but there a whole shed load of scope there :lol:

Are ya wanting new etc with bells and whistles

weight power and torq all come into the mix but it really depends what ya want it to do???

I'm not being rude buddy but ya seem to be jumping around between 50cc saws 60cc saws and 70cc saws. From pro saws to semi pro.

I guess what I can't figure is what do ya want the saw to cope with? I maybe missed that somewhere.

What kinda timber you in? are you falling it,bucking it etc or what? Are you standing in a wood yard bolting timber or cutting for ties etc

Sorry if I seem blunt but I'm confused as to what ya want a saw for I know it a ground saw but there a whole shed load of scope there :lol:

Are ya wanting new etc with bells and whistles

weight power and torq all come into the mix but it really depends what ya want it to do???

hi mate as far as im aware, 261, 550 and 560xp are pro saws, as for cc I need to run as 15" bar,

It get used for everything, from felling, to snedding to crosscutting, etc just a general reliable ground saw.

As for timber mixture of hard and soft and probbaly needs to cope with at least 50tonnes of firewood, let alone day to day work as a freelance climber,

Well I thought a 560xp was about perfect size n weight, fast in cut aswell however its gone back 2times now in less than 2 months,

.... So ideally

50/60 cc

15 ish inch bar

Reliable

That's it, so far 550/60 are awsome but...... Have been unreliable so on the stihl side either leaves me 241 or 441 as had 61 n was shite and 362 has bad reports,

Hope that explains more mate

Josh

Cool buddy, I get ya now.

I guess my idea of pro saws is different. The 550/560 I really don't think of them as quite pro but I guess for some they are. The 441 is a 70cc saw tho and it by all accounts is good but I don't have personal experience with one. It all Husky's we use (predominantly the 372) for bolting firewood I use a 365 (but that me, bigger dia of timber usually, apart from the locust) It handles pretty well and is reliable. It is a 70cc to really the wee bro of the 372 and both will be a tad heavy i'd suspect. I use a 357 (which is ported and is a 3/8th the father in law does my saws) and it flies but it been doctored. The 254 is a legend and a good saw but older so that may not be what ya want.

I'd guess that maybe two saws may be a choice use one for falling etc and one for bucking up at home. It just an idea. The 365 will cope with anything I've seen over here (I'm not being patronizing guys but this country don't really have much big timber) and the 254 is a decent saw to brash with and limb with. You can pick up older good saws at cost effective prices.

The bigger saws do tend to be heavy on gas and oil (yeah that a no brainer) but it does mount up (especially with the price of gas and oil here) and will eat into ya profit margin.

I get what your saying bout the 346 (the guys on here will give you more info on that I never used one as it honestly way to small for what I do even a stock 357 is to if mine wasn't doctored) but I'd be just wary it will do all you want it to.

These views are just an old battered faller/loggers opinions no more

hi mate as far as im aware, 261, 550 and 560xp are pro saws, as for cc I need to run as 15" bar,

It get used for everything, from felling, to snedding to crosscutting, etc just a general reliable ground saw.

As for timber mixture of hard and soft and probbaly needs to cope with at least 50tonnes of firewood, let alone day to day work as a freelance climber,

Well I thought a 560xp was about perfect size n weight, fast in cut aswell however its gone back 2times now in less than 2 months,

.... So ideally

50/60 cc

15 ish inch bar

Reliable

That's it, so far 550/60 are awsome but...... Have been unreliable so on the stihl side either leaves me 241 or 441 as had 61 n was shite and 362 has bad reports,

Hope that explains more mate

Josh

Hi mate there's only one saw and that a ms 660 from 16 to 3 ft bar it all covered then Jon

Hi mate there's only one saw and that a ms 660 from 16 to 3 ft bar it all covered then Jon

Jon I know ya love ya 660 buddy but that a 90cc grunter a wee bit heavy I'd think...... you must have arms like that austrian dude if ya do everything with a 660 :lol::lol::lol: