Unicender

D Mc

Ok dan sound advice I just hope my finger is strong enough lol

To be honest, what Dan has shown there is probably better to start with.. More fingers on the rope to slow you down!:sneaky2:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
I know and it's not going to stop me from buying one i just wanted to know the finer details of using at work

From my basic understanding, there is nothing stopping you from using one as a freelance climber, if your employed it comes down to company policy/insurance.

From a loler inspector point of view if the loler dude is familiar with the piece of kit and it's use then he should pass it, if he is not he could fail it as there is no recognised mark or EN numbers to guide him.

I would inspect it and pass it if fit for use, although if in the extreme scenario the worse happened and I had to explain my decision in a court that could be tricky, I feel fairly confident with the community and its use around the world that I would be justified in passing it as fit for its intended purpose.

You cannot slate another inspectors decision not to deem it fit though, it's his job and his opinion and we should respect it or seek another inspector.

From what Ian said, there may be a CE/EN version sorted out in the future with some change to it to make the wear reduced. Whether that is steel caps for the top and bottom bars and then re camming the middle cams or something else I'm not sure... I think I'm going to get my current one re cammed and see if there is a new version out in the near future.