Unicender

D Mc

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got a drum attachment for the Uni and Richard Mumford designer of the drum was kind enough to throw in some ali protectors for the bottom bar too, along with some other little bits such as the aviation tape to try out.

So far I am really impressed. Easy to attach, doesnt impede the normal function of the uni in any way and it will certainly decrease the wear on the uni top and bottom plate. Even better you can lock it off now, which helps when your unicender is as worn out as mine!!:sneaky2:

P1150052.jpg.2f88a3dcd94acbd4767d5ed115d38d31.jpg

P1150054.jpg.1127e1c3f9c11a9eb0b6c9e35f52cee8.jpg

P1150056.jpg.b5265b9f9cd765799b915798772e9cca.jpg

Not sure if he will post there. I know he will post to the UK so I dont see why not. I hope its dirty already btw!!

It was 45 bucks for the drum and I think delivery to the uk was an extra 15. I got them in the states though. I think Jack wants one too.

Strangley, I'm supposed to be meeting Richard on monday for a pint and to chat drums.. he has a 24 hour layover in london.. I will ask.

Not sure if he will post there. I know he will post to the UK so I dont see why not. I hope its dirty already btw!!

It was 45 bucks for the drum and I think delivery to the uk was an extra 15. I got them in the states though. I think Jack wants one too.

Strangley, I'm supposed to be meeting Richard on monday for a pint and to chat drums.. he has a 24 hour layover in london.. I will ask.

Rad. Yeah me an jack were talking about maybe splitting the postage to get some. Not used it yet as I got some dirty conifers to do last Friday and I didn't want it's maiden climb to be dirty coni haha

Hi all had my first real play on the uni at work this weekend on some big trees which at time was a real joy although a little daunting when using the uni for access I was using it in conjunction with a pantin hand ascender and a sling as a chest harness to tend the slack. My question is when making smaller moves during work positioning.around the crown what is the most affective way of tending slack I had a bit of a play with a rads system when going out on some long limbs which seemed to work ok. Any help or useful tips is much appreciated as I'm pretty new to srt and the uni

Cheers luke

Hi all had my first real play on the uni at work this weekend on some big trees which at time was a real joy although a little daunting when using the uni for access I was using it in conjunction with a pantin hand ascender and a sling as a chest harness to tend the slack. My question is when making smaller moves during work positioning.around the crown what is the most affective way of tending slack I had a bit of a play with a rads system when going out on some long limbs which seemed to work ok. Any help or useful tips is much appreciated as I'm pretty new to srt and the uni

Cheers luke

Clip into the chest sling and just pull on the rope above it. The line will just drop through if the tail is running free and if not it only needs a little flick. Ive tried clipping a revolver into my bridge ring to capture the line and work as a fairlead pulley but its just a pain the butt..

Marcus and Jack, Im not seeing Richard tonight, his flight was running late and therefore doesnt have time to squeeze in a social. Have a look on his website and just drop him an email. Im fairly confident he will ship to the states :)

MagThrowBag

at the bottom of the page

Clip into the chest sling and just pull on the rope above it. The line will just drop through if the tail is running free and if not it only needs a little flick. Ive tried clipping a revolver into my bridge ring to capture the line and work as a fairlead pulley but its just a pain the butt..

Marcus and Jack, Im not seeing Richard tonight, his flight was running late and therefore doesnt have time to squeeze in a social. Have a look on his website and just drop him an email. Im fairly confident he will ship to the states :)

MagThrowBag

at the bottom of the page

Nice one mate I've sent Richard an email so hopefully will be able to get some to oz