The Sidewinder way.

Old Mill Tree Care

Soooooo....... Verdict on it now? Problems that keep cropping up, quality of build etc? :thumbup1:

Honestly nothing.

It's been bashed, soaked, got dirt in it and no problems at all.

It won't change your life but it makes things easier.

I wouldn't want to be without it.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Old Mill (hope you don't mind me using your first name:001_tt2:), Would it work well if I chose to swap the cinch over for a pulley/v.t adjuster?

I'm sure the cinch is great, but I use my strop on the left side. Is it ambidextrous?

Its the reason I got rid of my grillon for a hitch. Found the hitch is much smoother too.

• 5 months later...
Old Mill (hope you don't mind me using your first name:001_tt2:), Would it work well if I chose to swap the cinch over for a pulley/v.t adjuster?

I'm sure the cinch is great, but I use my strop on the left side. Is it ambidextrous?

Its the reason I got rid of my grillon for a hitch. Found the hitch is much smoother too.

Yes it can be used on both sides by mounting the case upside down and I'm sure there is no reason why you can't use any hitch gadget of your choice.

Sorry for slow reply.:blushing:

Why is that Steve?

Thanks.

Can't put my finger on exactly what..after all i'm a consumer, not a designer :001_smile:

I think the mounting options need developing over everything.

The device works, can't deny that, but i'd like to feel that I was using a piece of equipment perfected for arb, and not just a clothes washing line attached to my belt. I will probably buy the mark 2 if/when it comes out.

Used mine a bit. I found that it can be a disadvantage. Picture this scenario. You do a leap of faith and hold on with one hand to the part of the tree you want to get to. With a normal strop, you can find it with your free hand then attach yourself. With the sidewinder it takes two hands (in my experience) to get the required length out. It stores away quite neatly but doesn't leave enough dangling out for a quick and easy strop in. I suppose you could open it up and take it off the coil a bit, but you might as well have a normal strop for that.