Freelander

Sawtooth

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends what you want to use it for. For towing they ain't bad but I'm not sure what they are rated to tow. Load space in a commercial wouldn't be too bad for kit. The TD4 is a good engine but remember its a reletively old engine now. For day to day driving don't expect much more than 35MPG. They tend to wallow a bit in corners. It will hold 70+ on the motorway and pick up fairly quick for a diesel tank.

The freelander is only part time 4x4 having a visous coupling. If this goes wrong its expensive. Lack of low range is the biggest problem as you'll find you have to slip the clutch if off road. Off road they will do at least 80% of what a defender will do. They have a lower ground clearance and reduced ramp over and entry and exit angles compared to a defender. Watch out for oil leaks it is a land rover.

Dont do it mate, you'll regret it. Ive had numerous problems with mine. Mostly the 4wd system it uses which is completly s***.

The vcu is prone to break which is alot of cash to repair. Mine went on mine and i didnt realise it, until it ripped the ird off.

And ground clearance is crap too.

Anyone want to buy a freelander? lol

Off road they will do at least 80% of what a defender will do. They have a lower ground clearance and reduced ramp over and entry and exit angles compared to a defender. Watch out for oil leaks it is a land rover.

No chance will a freelander follow a defender mate. Apart from on a road.

I wouldnt bother. A discovery is nearly as economical, parts are much easier and you get much more space, better towing and they are just as expensive atm and finally off-road better.

The only advantage Id see would be better on road but hardly enough of a advantage.

H