Left hander using chainsaw

JHolly

Hi guys

just a quick question i have got my cs30 / 31 coming up start of june, And i am left hand, recently i have been trying to change my hands around when ever i use my saw, But the cuts just arnt as nice!!

so my question is on the training course do you have to cut with left hand forward or dont mind you swapping around??

cheers

Edited by JHolly
spelling

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm left handed, use a two handled saw in both hands, have done forever. Top handle I use right handed nearly always. Random.

There is good reason to use saws right handed, all the safety features work best that way. But I'm still here and am sure I'm not alone using it all wrong!

For a course you must use it with the right hand on the throttle, apart from anything you won't be able to fell anything close to the ground with your left hand on the trigger!

Hi guys

just a quick question i have got my cs30 / 31 coming up start of june, And i am left hand, recently i have been trying to change my hands around when ever i use my saw, But the cuts just arnt as nice!!

so my question is on the training course do you have to cut with left hand forward or dont mind you swapping around??

cheers

im left handed and to start found it hard to use right handed but now use it righ handed with left hand on handle on right hand on trigger. does come naturly after a while and you think why did i struggle trying to use it left handed. now its hard work using left handed