Eyes.....Be Warned!

Ian H

Silky change your avatar picture you have no visor or glasses on :001_tt2::biggrin:

I wear prescription glasses but try to remember to put my visor down as well, hope the dog recovers quick, dogs are survivers they adapt very quick, one of my dogs went blind through distemper and within a month she was racing about the garden just dodging the obstacles :thumbup1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I won a game of chicken once when I was much younger, a dart in the eye was the outcome though. I punctured my eye and came within millimetres of losing it, what a tit.

Like anything, you take your eyes for granted until you have a problem with them. I saw and heard about some horrible eye injuries whilst I was in the eye ward, mostly from sharp bits of metal. Glasses are a must.

Recreation climb picture bro...:rolleyes: when I put my Tree Surgeon head on, I am head to toe in PPE...:)

I knew that I was only pointing out the irony of your post and having a laugh, although a twig could still go in your eye regardless of your reason for being up the tree.:001_smile:

I was unlucky a few years back..unbelievable a horse chestnut twig in full bud flicked up and under my visor..please don't ask me how..and punctured my eyeball..a few millis to the right and I would have lost my sight.incredibly my young grounds refused to drive me to the yard so the gu nor could take me to hospital..had no options but to drive with a bleeding eye.surprisingly nowhere near as painful as scratches I've had..ultra careful with visor now,and even when wearing a visor less helmet in other work I automatically go for the visor before doing anything..the phantom visor!

Our Labrador has just come out of weeks of treatment for a punctured eye. He hit a stock fence at full tilt chasing the post lady's van. he had loads of eye drops and in the end he had it quaterised / fused together and he is now fine, but it was a touch and go thing. only 2 weeks earlier he cleared the stock netting, at the same point in the fence, to become suspended by his winkle on the barbed wire above. ripped his chopper end off except for a small flap, had it stitched back on and is now fine, but you would think he would have learned from his first fence endeavour?

Get your pup a rowes pasty and that will fix him up a treat!

Scottish and Southern Energy employees must wear eye protection glasses as soon as they step out the motor for any reason, even to read a pole number.

However their safety precautions are second to none. I know of an employee recieving disciplinary action for not wearing safety gloves whilst peeling an apple with a knife during his lunch break!! A little over the top one thinks