Eyes.....Be Warned!

Ian H

Had a sobering week, one of our dogs had to have an eye removed this week, she apparently pierced her eye and was immediately blind, as a result the eye died and the vet felt the safest thing was to remove it, fair enough.

Scarily we have no idea how it could have happened, everything is dog proofed at that level for that reason, including the garden.

It got me thinking how delicate eyes are and how we take them for granted, I've had a few occasions where a twig has flicked and slapped my eye causing temporary damage as well as the inevitable bits of chip from saw use, thankfully no permanent damage tho, but I never climb with my visor down, only cutting.

Anyway shes doing fine and adjusting well.

Be careful out there guys

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a sobering week, one of our dogs had to have an eye removed this week, she apparently pierced her eye and was immediately blind, as a result the eye died and the vet felt the safest thing was to remove it, fair enough.

Scarily we have no idea how it could have happened, everything is dog proofed at that level for that reason, including the garden.

It got me thinking how delicate eyes are and how we take them for granted, I've had a few occasions where a twig has flicked and slapped my eye causing temporary damage as well as the inevitable bits of chip from saw use, thankfully no permanent damage tho, but I never climb with my visor down, only cutting.

Anyway shes doing fine and adjusting well.

Be careful out there guys

Here's hoping she does well. I often think about this when my spaniel's crashing into brambles and thorns.

A good thread - I almost lost my sight as a kid and it was a pretty bad moment in my life.

Apart from cutting - the workshop is also a danger area, clutch springs, recoil springs, compressors, carb cleaner, WD40 etc - STICK ON THE SAFETY SPECS, they are only £3.00 off ebay and have protected my eyes many a time!

VERY IMPORTANT THREAD!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I am,"visor down"from the word go. And have started to wear 10 quid Bolle safety sunnies underneath...our lead climber doesn't wear any face protection ever and I cringe when I see him flinch due to debris flying into his eye...gave up advising him to wear one....he just says, "xxxx that" :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: