husky 372

hedgesparrow

The thing about av 576 is this .... It weighs almost the same as a 385xp ( now a 390xp ) but makes no more power than the lighter 372 . Because of this alone I could not see the point of it . If you are prepared to carry that weight around you might as well carry a 385 and have even more grunt . Original 372 over a 576 any day .

Was speaking to our local dealer about the new 372 X torq and he said they're not as good as the older, non x torq, ones. I was quite surprised as there'd been plenty of hype about the newer one and I was half fanying one myself.

Well I am running a 346/372X-torq combo and quite disagree with him. :001_tt2:

Did he give specific issues to the X-torq or just the broad sweeping not as good?

Like the 441 they take some tuning to get right, but once done rip just as good as the old 372 and use less fuel doing it. :001_smile:

I agree with the above comment 100%, brought my first 372 in 2008, very happy with everything about it. So at the APF last year I brought another but that one was the X Torq version.

Very disappointed with it, there's a slight hesitation on pickup and when you release the throttle the revs don't close down instantly and the chain can run on for a couple of seconds. Can be a pig to start sometimes and it don't like the cold mornings. Seems no different power and fuel use wise.

If it ain't broke don't change it comes to mind !

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well I am running a 346/372X-torq combo and quite disagree with him. :001_tt2:

Did he give specific issues to the X-torq or just the broad sweeping not as good?

Like the 441 they take some tuning to get right, but once done rip just as good as the old 372 and use less fuel doing it. :001_smile:

To be honest was pretty broad sweeping rather than specifics, but his opinion was the it was what had been done to meet the emissons and I'd be surprised if any one local would do anything other than take it out of the box and use it as is - good to here they can be made to run right :thumbup1:

He did say though they had one which was in and out a few times and even when it went back to husky they didn't know what was wrong with it (I dn't know the symptoms either)

when you release the throttle the revs don't close down instantly and the chain can run on for a couple of seconds.

Can be a pig to start sometimes and it don't like the cold mornings.

If it ain't broke don't change it comes to mind !

I have not been able to tune out the run on. That is my only complaint when compared to the old 372/044.

Sounds like your L tune is lean.

As for the don't change, Thank the EU and EPA for new emission regs.

I'd be surprised if any one local would do anything other than take it out of the box and use it as is - good to here they can be made to run right :thumbup1:

They seem to come out of the box quite lean on the low end. Then after run in seem to lean up a little more. So if a person/dealer isn't on top of that then they see a few seized ones back.

I have a woods modded 576 and its awesome! I also have a 372xp and its a great saw. Love em both.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Spud ported and tuned 2003 original 372XP high top filter double dogs . Would not swap it for any other 70cc saw to date. :001_smile:

Anyone know of any non x Torq new 372xp around ? I wouldn't mind a xpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Biggest selection is in the U.S.A. Bit of a risk but that's where mine came from in 2003 . Spud took it apart to port it and put the original piston back in . Bread and butter saw there . every one and his dog has omne !