LOLER Facts.

Mesterh

If a safer way of 'doing' comes about then regulatory bodies will embrace that. Advancing equipment is an example in my opinion. If it was a simple case of making equipment more attractive to the consumer then why bother with adding and improving safety features? Why not just paint it up pretty instead?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a safer way of 'doing' comes about then regulatory bodies will embrace that. Advancing equipment is an example in my opinion. If it was a simple case of making equipment more attractive to the consumer then why bother with adding and improving safety features? Why not just paint it up pretty instead?

Quiet simply because customers are not raging fools.

We only buy things if they can benefit us more than the previous equiptment.

I will only ever trust my own judgement not someone else who does not put their life in the equiptment i use.

Really thats all i can be bothered to say. :scared1:

So does any one else whant any LOLER facts???

if nt prehaps this thread is dead????

And thanks arb lord 5 years, cool i was just interested.

cheers all and in case any one was interested i will be running a loler corce in leeds 16-18 june and a similar time in the ipswich area, fancy trying it PM me

tata

kev

Just a quick question about the inspecting new gear etc. You say as long as it has a cert of conformity is this the ce number etc or will it clearly state that it is a certification of conformity?

cheers for all your help very much appreciated :thumbup1:

I was just having a look at that ACOP list apparently I have to get my trolley and bottle jacks tested aswell! lol never ending :001_smile:

Just a quick question about the inspecting new gear etc. You say as long as it has a cert of conformity is this the ce number etc or will it clearly state that it is a certification of conformity?

cheers for all your help very much appreciated :thumbup1:

I was just having a look at that ACOP list apparently I have to get my trolley and bottle jacks tested aswell! lol never ending :001_smile:

certificate of conformity should come with new purchases but is often the invoice as well they just list the equipment and print certificate of conformity on the invoice as well

this often falls down with buying kit from shows

Nice1 thanks:thumbup1:

I will have to make sure I ask for and keep all the bits of paper an stuff that comes with the kit.

No buying krabs that are just looped together in a chain from the shop anymore :001_smile:

Thinking about it when I bought a portwrap it didnt even come with instructions never mind a cert!

Nice1 thanks:thumbup1:

I will have to make sure I ask for and keep all the bits of paper an stuff that comes with the kit.

No buying krabs that are just looped together in a chain from the shop anymore :001_smile:

Thinking about it when I bought a portwrap it didnt even come with instructions never mind a cert!

the portwrap wont as it can't be used as ppe

ropes krabs and harness's arent ppe either.

I thought rigging gear needed checking too (every 12 months I know) and assumed it needed a cert of conform too.

Would you like to shed any light on it?

Ropes,krabs and harnesses are used in work positioning, therefore are PPE as protection from a fall from height.

You are correct that rigging kit needs checking on an anual basis.