Price of building land

Ray1

You are in control of the situation, not the developer. Tell them at least £120k per plot. Either they want it or they dont?

Or mention that Tesco are interested - that will have an impact on the price.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could mention to them that some members of a minority community want to buy it to keep pigs :biggrin:. No only Joking gets some proper proffessional advice these people will represent your interest without being emotionally involved. They will be calculated and stone faced when its needed.

A friend of mine owns a small plot which was surrounded by a horseshoe shape plot.

The builders bought the surrounding plot and offered my friend a 'low' price for his house/garden to make a good rectangular develoopment.

My friend turned down the initial offer - so they just built right up to his boundary on three sides (totally different style of house) and now he's stuffed, bu@@er all light, windows in all directions, he'll never get a decent price for his gaff now.

Can't believe planning guys allowed it. For those who know Worthing his is the old house surrounded by the 'giant beech huts' where Worthing Yacht club used to be.

Surely he would have had ample chance to object and with reasonable grounds. Get some leylandi in.

He did object - no joy.

The real downer is that his garden is so small theres no room for leylandii.

I recon less than 15 ft in any direction.

So given that all the surrounding buildings are 2 storey his house is literally in the shadows all the time.

I'll try to get a photo of the frontage tomorrow - it's unbelievable - the only bit the developers missed was over the top of his house.

I think having quick chat with my uncle whos an architect that there may be legal recourse for compensation in that case. The building of those properties has directly affected the value of his property negatively.

That in itself if he had been represented would have been strength enough to reject the plans. The least they should have stipulated it that the windows be opague. If not i'd take up nude sunbathing and that ain't pretty.

The only other access to the land is down her drive way and through the back garden. When the estate was built 5 years ago her land was out of planning lines or something or other so she was never approached to sell, but 2 years ago a village plan was released showing possible development sites for new housing and her field was one of them. Expert advice is obviously the main lead in this thread so when i see her in the week i will tell her, dont know how long it will take for an offer to arrive but i will keep posted. Thanks.