Can anyone rewcomend some chainsaw trousers please

sasha.p

I'm currently liking the new style Husky Functionals. Only had them a couple of weeks so far but pleased with them so far.

They're a closer fit than the old ones (which were just the old Pro Light ones in a different colour) and are still cordura down the fronts, but they now have brought it round the back at the bottoms too - which should stop them tearing up the backs.

They're not stretch like most others are now, which is good too IMO as they should last longer without tearing the fronts too.

Size wise, I really don't know how you'd get on. I wear the mediums (33-35") and am 34" waist and they're OK, the Smalls are meant to be something like 31-33" think.

I got mine for £112 from our local dealer (they're £140 list) so fairly chuffed all in all.

Best of all they don't look like I'm wearing a set of Dickies farm special overalls like the old ones did!

Waist trouser, Functional - Protective equipment and Workwear

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest traveling to somewhere you can try on the trousers.

It may take a while to sort out, cost you money in fuel etc, but trousers are one of my most treasured investments along with boots. If you're uncomfortable, you won't concentrate properly resulting in errors, which in our trade isn't good!

Try on as many pairs as you can Sash and be fussy when buying them, the shop owner may think you're being fussy, but it's your safety you're investing in which is priceless :001_smile:

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Good advice. Nothing worse than being a bit more well proportioned like me and ordering a pair of trousers on line only to find that what they consider large is actually more like a medium, especially when you daren't sit down. Or vice versa and ordering a small only to find out that they're round your ankles without a belt. I have two pairs of SiPs, two different types, both the same size but one pair fits much more comfortably than the other.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yes i have the stretch air in small and Im 32in waste and still have to wear a belt. But admit best trousers out there had mine over 18 months and still ok.

Yea I wear a belt . Don't think ant saw protection strides will stay in place outwith a belt or braces just because of the extra weight of the ballistic materiel . They are the best fit and the best made though .

Yea I wear a belt . Don't think ant saw protection strides will stay in place outwith a belt or braces just because of the extra weight of the ballistic materiel . They are the best fit and the best made though .

Yep, I'd agree. I've always got on better with braces though as they seem to stop as much sawdust going down the back of them :blushing:

As for tempurature, I've alwas got on better with a baggier cut of trouser like the old functional/pr lights than the more fitted ones like the husky technical. Despite the vents, I found the technicals warmer as they were such a close fit.

The new functionals have the best of both worlds, slightly looser fit and vents.

The Pfanner Gladiator Ventilation are the coolesst best fitting strides ever !

+1 for them but cold on back of legs in this weather. but i use mine all year round and are a nice pair of trousers. and i have braces on them. but they do not come with buttons had to sew some on to fit braces.