Waste carriers???

Orchard gm

It depends on how you look at your business activity. The definition of wast is anything you wish to, need to get rid off or cannot be used again for its intended use. Its £190 for the first time and it lasts for three years then £90 for the next three years. You can apply on line at Environment Agency - Home . For tree work its a depends on who stops you but timber can be re-used as can chippings. Its not classed as waste as the company that cuts a tree down is a producer therefore you can legally carry your own waste arisings without registration. Only a problem if you go out like a skip company and collect somebody elses waste. The Environmrnt Agency enforce it and Like to do stops with the police and vosa. If you want to know more PM me. I was an Enforcement officer for the Environment Agency for a few years. Sorry to bore you or anybody else reading this.

Good post Nick.

For cord and chip I would say no, but we all carry rakings and clippings which are more obviously waste.

I won't have one now as I think it's just another tax.

Pulling over dids with no tax discs and 3 tonne of scrap on the back of a 3.5tonner should be a bigger priority IMO.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It's changing though. Waste producers do not need to register now, but will need to do so in the lower tier by January 2014 (this is free of charge). One of the examples given is 'gardeners removing trees or shrubs'; they are producing waste as a result of their business activity. This is regardless of whether they have been instructed by someone else or not. See EA website.

I have one. I got stopped when i started out in business and they said your chip and wood is ok but the raking off site were not a virgin product. They guys were good enough and let me go on my way but i did get a letter through and i was told if i didnt i would be fined.

Better to be safe than sorry. Especially as these government agencies have had money cut so they will be told to not let anyone off. (thats how i see it these days)

It's changing though. Waste producers do not need to register now, but will need to do so in the lower tier by January 2014 (this is free of charge). One of the examples given is 'gardeners removing trees or shrubs'; they are producing waste as a result of their business activity. This is regardless of whether they have been instructed by someone else or not. See EA website.

interesting !:confused1: How are you supposed to find this info out, if they dont tell you!:thumbdown:

If i take away any offcuts of timber away from a joinery job, does this mean i need a license as well :confused1:

I'm more concerned about being overloaded with a 3.5T tipper when daily us guys make well over a ton of chip plus log, and rakings on average and fill the wagons right to the top of the greedy boards if it means that is what we have to do to make the monies for the day.

I have to say when I went out on stop and searches it was the dids that I concentrated on, but that was because I knew where all the conifer was going to end up. Did get a good result in that I managed to sieze their vehicle and return it to the rightful owner eventually.

In response to harvey it was advertised back in 2006 but mainly to waste ad scrappieys.

interesting !:confused1: How are you supposed to find this info out, if they dont tell you!:thumbdown:

If i take away any offcuts of timber away from a joinery job, does this mean i need a license as well :confused1:

Yes.

Similarly, plumbers and electricians who remove copper pipe and cable from jobs need WCL.

Highly unlikely they will get picked up on though, seems tree arisings are an easier target.:sneaky2: