Timberwolf 150 what engine oil

Horatio

Chipper maintainance this afternoon on the timba 150.

And noticed the engine oil was getting low, rather side on the edge of caution and top her up.

Thing is I have searched the net and arbtalk and can't seem what sort it takes.

Maybe I haven't looked in the right place. :confused1:

Any who would the wealth of knowledge that congregate on arbtalk help me out of my predicament.

Thanks in advance :thumbup1:

It's a Kubota engine. Generally speaking they run on mineral oil or semi synthetic. You can top it up with either as you can mix them no worries. It's fully synthetic and mineral that you can't mix (though fully and semi are OK).

Do the smear test- if it leaves a smudge of particles when rubbed between finger and thumb, it needs changing. Every 100 hours is not excessive for a small engine that works hard.

Mineral oil is fine to refill it, but semi synthetic is not much more.

Top tip- a filter is a filter. You don't have to buy from the chipper dealer. For both my Mitsubishi engines (2 cylinder and 3 cylinder) a £2.40 Peugeot 106 diesel oil filter is a perfect match. So long as it's the same capacity or slightly more and the inlet/outlet is the same diameter (most are a few common sizes) then anything will do.

Take your old filter along to your nearest motor factor and they will be able to give you three or four ones that fit fine for the same price as a genuine Kubota spare from the dealer.

Hope this helps someone.

It's a Kubota engine. Generally speaking they run on mineral oil or semi synthetic. You can top it up with either as you can mix them no worries. It's fully synthetic and mineral that you can't mix (though fully and semi are OK).

Do the smear test- if it leaves a smudge of particles when rubbed between finger and thumb, it needs changing. Every 100 hours is not excessive for a small engine that works hard.

Mineral oil is fine to refill it, but semi synthetic is not much more.

Top tip- a filter is a filter. You don't have to buy from the chipper dealer. For both my Mitsubishi engines (2 cylinder and 3 cylinder) a £2.40 Peugeot 106 diesel oil filter is a perfect match. So long as it's the same capacity or slightly more and the inlet/outlet is the same diameter (most are a few common sizes) then anything will do.

Take your old filter along to your nearest motor factor and they will be able to give you three or four ones that fit fine for the same price as a genuine Kubota spare from the dealer.

Hope this helps someone.

It's important to use the correct filter, some are fitted with anti-drainback valve to stop the oil draining back to the sump and also a pressure relief valve designed to continue oil circulation in the event of a blocked filter, these valves are set for each application.:001_smile: