Change of career.

chipper080

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rover i don't know where you got your info about chagford but it is well out of date there is no second hand shop here it is a small village not a town and i have a friend at proper job looking out for a good bike for me any way but thanks all the same.

As for aiming higher i feel i am aiming high now with old tickets and old ppe i am still trying to get work and it is looking that the only one on this site that has given me the work be it odd weeks is samarb is he the only one that has the odd week of work for me or the only one with the heart to say what the hell i will give him a go for a week or two?

Thanks for the comments

I`ve a mate who does pest control.The monies in moles,rats/mice,insects.Theres a shedload of people prepared to turn up for free and shoot pigeons.I do it quite happily,same with rabbits.

Rats/mice are normally baited, although you can shoot a considerable amount of rats in barns if you have nv on top of a decent air rifle.

In short, if you are looking at pest control,the earnings are in the mundane stuff that nobody wants to do unless they are getting paid.All the fun with guns type stuff, folk will do for free.

Second this ^

Myself and friends will happily shoot most common pests (pigeon, rabbit, fox, deer etc) free of charge.

And also without a pretty serious air rifle (£1k+) you will struggle .

Stick at the tree work bud! Read a couple of your posts and you seem hung up on the driving licence.

I have friends who cycle to work out of choice!

Glass is always half full dude :D if the grounder works not there, apply with some landscape/garden firms

Work is there, just have to stick at it.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I apologise to you and all Chagfordians, last time I was in Chagford it was a few times bigger than the village I live in.

Also, last time I was in Chagford, proper job was a second hand shop?

How long ago was you here i have been here nearly 20 years and never seen a proper job second hand shop only a recycle place.

And i might be the on that needs to apologise as to me this is a village but to others it's a town.

Thanks for the comments