Stihl MS 261

Anglia Tree Contractors

I have three MS 261 saws and they are constantly cutting out when the chain brake is applied. I am losing valuable time when they have to go back to Stihl dealer for repair. The dealers will not loan a saw when the saws are in. I ran 260,s for years with no problems. Can anyone suggest what saw to use professionally to take over the job of the 260. The 261 is a big failure.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brand new 261 did this about 3 months into ownership. It's been at the dealers on and off for the last 2 years. Bought another ground saw instead now. Feel done over by Stihl as they haven't really done much about it and it was a £500 saw.

You may have something caught in the sprocket, its happened to mine a couple of times, once was cutting out an old hedge and some string got caught in it and fixed it by clearing it out, happened again when something looking like hair was in there, almost invisible but made it cut out when chain break is on, saw is faultless otherwise. Only a 5 min job to pop it off and clean it out

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2