• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anybody actually buy one of these?

If so, have you found there there is absolutely no easy way to release cable from the drum? The only way seem to be to hold the pawl away from the gear with you fingers WHILE holding the brake off with the other hand.

Absolute bobbins.

Boo. Hiss.

:001_rolleyes:

There is tension spring which pulls the pawl on. One end is hooked in a tab, the tab is slotted, move the spring from end (of the slot) it is currently at to the other the spring tension then holds the pawl off the ratchet allowing you to pull out the cable. Hope that makes sense. Nick

There is tension spring which pulls the pawl on. One end is hooked in a tab, the tab is slotted, move the spring from end (of the slot) it is currently at to the other the spring tension then holds the pawl off the ratchet allowing you to pull out the cable. Hope that makes sense. Nick

Now [it]that[/i] is the sort of information that might have been included with the puller!

:lol:

Thanks so much!

*applies more bandage to fingers*

It's a cheap as chips pulley, I used mine yesterday for pulling over an ash, saved me an hour of climbing and throwing brash over a big hedge and an extra tidy!

Every time I try and release the wire I curse it, then I remember the wee clip on a spring!

Buy 1, stick it under the seat of the van and you will be glad you did 1 day:)

Mr. nick Mr. Blair, don't suppose either of you fancy making a video of said machine in action and how too release, and maybe post on YouTube.

Managed to get one from Aldi, but fear of losing my fingers in tension of winch is sending shivers down my back.

I know that you are probably busy but we would all be eternally in your debt for such kind actions to hilight the value of this handy product.

go on go on go on!!!! Will you have a cup of tea father

You have 8 ft of pull so use it wisely !

That is why I prefer the Maasdam Rope Puller, for the "small pulls" that don't justify getting out the big Tirfor winch.

It has unlimited pulling length, combined with low weight and (relatively) low price. Just ensure you get an appropriate rope for it. Available on ebay MAASDAM POW?R ROPE PULLER A-20 ¾ TON CAPACITY | eBay