Introducing the Throwpod

marcus_arb

Take a 10 OZ throwpod(or whatever the freaking thing weighs I no recall) and a ten oz bag, shoot them with the same power, the bag isnt going to fly as high, its a soft object, the solid object would, or should outfly it.

Take two solid objects, one being the throwpod, and another a square weighing the same and shoot them straight up with a Bigshot, do that twenty or thirty times, that is one way to tell which flies higher, everything else is just theorizing.

In that test IMHO think the difference would be negligible, but only one way to be really sure, and that is do it.

Generally a solid object will outly a soft one, there is another sales point for your Throwpod Marcus, no charge for that one, its a freebie.

Whats not theorizing is the price,80.00, IMO, is ridonculous and I would not pay half that for it, you can crunch the numbers how ever you like, justify it however you like, for a ten cent piece of plastic a bit of rubbery stuff and an eye hook its overpriced.

I think throwbags are overpriced, youll never convince me the throwpod isnt, so stop trying, if you need more convincing yourself by all means go ahead.

Id would sooner make four or five of my own than pay that, ohh wait I already did that.

Grace.

PS: you guys, I laugh hard, is that the best you can do ? If so, dats pretty soft....lol.

To be honest I think you are pretty rude.

I purchased the throw pod from Marcus the moment I could with my hard graphed pennies and don't regret a thing. I use it practically every day and can guarantee I certainly get a higher more accurate throw.

I couldn't use it to close to glass green houses or expensive cars but a majority of my work is in the twigs and as another piece if bling bling in my kit bag it certainly has already been used enough to cover the cost.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were lucky and got given on for free, i wasnt that great at using a throw bag, but since using the pod mu accuracy and height gained is much improved! Couldnt recomend it more. Even thinking about buying my own!

Thanks tony and marcus for taking the time to manufacture this fantastic product!

Regards Ollie :thumbup::thumbup:

We were lucky and got given on for free, i wasnt that great at using a throw bag, but since using the pod mu accuracy and height gained is much improved! Couldnt recomend it more. Even thinking about buying my own!

Thanks tony and marcus for taking the time to manufacture this fantastic product!

Regards Ollie :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers Ollie glad to hear your getting on well with the pod 👍

Just received my throwpod (I brought it from Skyland.. special price with a Husky gift bag at the moment!!) also brought a Big Shot ( thank you Honey Brothers, I brought that too) and we are going to test them on some big ar*e planes (30m) on monday.

I find that when we don't get the throw line up we are wasting time (some times 15-20 minutes, yes I am that bad) which wastes loads of money with people sitting around. So if these items save time that's money in your pocket then everything pays for itself then makes you more money. It's going to be in the arsenal for a long time. It's like the Arbor Trolly incredible piece of kit that just keeps giving!

Will report back on monday!

Whats not theorizing is the price,80.00, IMO, is ridonculous and I would not pay half that for it, you can crunch the numbers how ever you like, justify it however you like, for a ten cent piece of plastic a bit of rubbery stuff and an eye hook its overpriced.

Theorizizing hear Grais,:001_rolleyes: but the throwpod may have a little more to it than plastic rubbery stuff.

Now that would be daft to make a missile shaped rubber thing & lob it at hard objects. As we all know the branch work gets hit along with the trunk from time to time, however it would be amusing to put such a product into production, if some what impractical. :lol:

I think you'll find the ropeknight came first old mill and your statement should be the other way round 😉

It makes no difference.

He asked about the RopeArmor RopeKnight and I supplied a link so I didn't derail your thread.

Not worth argueing about the name, I think.

All the best.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

It makes no difference.

He asked about the RopeArmor RopeKnight and I supplied a link so I didn't derail your thread.

All the best.

Apologies old mill I didn't read the post you were quoting before I wrote mine

I bought one of these throw pods at Capel manor, to be fair it makes absolutely no difference to my accuracy when throwing it as I did have the people on the stand running for cover as my attempt went straight up! But stick it in the big shot and its a different story. I used it on a lime tree the other day where normally I would get a few lines stuck in the epi, this didn't, it pulled through easily and saved a bit of time etc.

to be truthful they can be a little bouncy when you hit the stem or a branch but other than that give one a go and see.

I can't complain

It makes no difference.

All the best.

Thanks for putting the link up wasn't trying to derail it was a joke to Marc over an incident with said rope knight.