Introducing the Throwpod

marcus_arb

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, what was the problem with the scores??

I wasnt there on the monday. I know my position overall, and that JOn won it, but thats all.

Oh right. Basically they didn't have a printer so couldn't give out the score sheets to people so myself and a few others don't know where we placed. How did you do?

Oh I see.

I looked at my score before I went on the sunday. I had a little traithlon to do on monday so couldnt hang around to see the masters.

I was a very average 15th, but got 6th in the rescue which was cool! As the oldest climber at 43 I'm happy to come somewhere in the middle and my 38secs footlock was not far off a PB from 7 years ago so all good!

I'll text Ian and see if he can post the full results spreadsheet in the comp section.

Oh I see.

I looked at my score before I went on the sunday. I had a little traithlon to do on monday so couldnt hang around to see the masters.

I was a very average 15th, but got 6th in the rescue which was cool! As the oldest climber at 43 I'm happy to come somewhere in the middle and my 38secs footlock was not far off a PB from 7 years ago so all good!

I'll text Ian and see if he can post the full results spreadsheet in the comp section.

43 so your the same age as Beddes 9 time and current world champion. But I like the way you casually throw it out that after the little comp your also off to do a triathlon :thumbup1:

I wish I came now, at the very least to hurl abuse at Marcus.

Oh I see.

Well done mate that's a very respectable position. That would be great if you could give Ian a nudge I'm keen to find out how I did

43 so your the same age as Beddes 9 time and current world champion. But I like the way you casually throw it out that after the little comp your also off to do a triathlon :thumbup1:

I wish I came now, at the very least to hurl abuse at Marcus.

Yep, and same age as my main hero in the climbing world Mr Chisolm, and he drinks a beer now and then too! I know I cant use age as an excuse with those two still doing so well but I have never been anywhere near as gifted as either of them but Beddes for sure is unique. I'm happy to represent the over 40's at the comp! (I think I was the only one??)

I have to say though that overall the triathlon was easier, 1 hour 25minutes of moderate to hard excersise compared to best part of ten hours waiting around for 5 events, the hardest of which took me 1minute and 40 something seconds and my heart rate probably hit 200! Took longer to recover from that than the little triathlon, I was in the pub half hour after that!

Well done mate that's a very respectable position. That would be great if you could give Ian a nudge I'm keen to find out how I did

Thanks. At least I beat you in the throwline, but then again so did everybody else!

I've sent him a text, he's probably still asleep!