Sawpod Press Release - Announcing the new Throwpod

Steve Bullman

Hi Tony, Just wondering what sort of height you can get with 8oz and a bigshot with a trigger. A couple of friends and I are off to Indonesia climbing trees in the rainforest. We are not allowed a crossbow apparently so its the bigshot and a trigger. We were hoping for 50m shots.

Hi Ben, sounds like a great trip. I've only fired the 10 from a big shot so not sure with the 8 but I don't think you should have a problem getting around that kind of height depending on wind etc with a fully stretched bigshot. Take a spare bigshot rubber though as it kills them pretty quick being stretched out like that.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is an issue I need solving. Long ago I went to eye terminations in my ropes. The picture shows a 10 oz Harrison Rocket snuggled up to a mini spring gate biner.

I have lived so long with offing the bag, and onning the rope in one single, one-second motion with climbing gloves on, then projectile off and bag back on in one second. I miss this swiftness, and though I have found new advantages in the throwpod, having to take my gloves off to tie hitches or knots in small stuff is not where I want to be spending any time, but like Bolam, I am looking for a solution" Tree Machine

Perhaps we will come up with a solution for Mark and Treemachine in the Mark II version of the Throwpod! All our design ideas for a nose loop or line attachment just over complicated everything - but it is never far from our minds! Great pictures Treemachine - really shows the pivot point well!

Edited by TonyDarbyshire

• 5 months later...

I had totally forgotten about this thread.

We were rigging a lot of trees to pull last Friday and untying the Throwpod every time would have been tedious.

This setup worked really well. The only time we got stuck was when the throw line sawed into a rotten stub.

Falteimer cube, Petzl Airline and Throwpod seems to be a great combo!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1382908661.005602.jpg.1a16ec44cfb5ae76bc4cf1ea34e62cfc.jpg

I had totally forgotten about this thread.

We were rigging a lot of trees to pull last Friday and untying the Throwpod every time would have been tedious.

This setup worked really well. The only time we got stuck was when the throw line sawed into a rotten stub.

Falteimer cube, Petzl Airline and Throwpod seems to be a great combo!

[ATTACH]138802[/ATTACH]

Mark, nice idea....can we use the photo? Marcus will buy you a beer sometime in exchange!!