Sawpod Press Release - Announcing the new Throwpod

Steve Bullman

Being used to a bag that just thumps up the limb 6 inches from where you where aiming becomes frustrating!!!!

nailing first time with the throwpod defiantly puts a smile on your face, for one reason if you miss it's very bouncy on a hard wood beach ash or oak ect, but having got use to the weight and shape of it, my throwing accuracy has improved, I've not got it stuck yet!!! But that's not to say I won't!!

So far really impressed with it. Still using a bag now and then as I'm still shy about using it on concrete :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Adam

We still always have a couple of throwbags in the cube, for using around vulnerable ground features!! Glad to hear you are getting along with the Throwpod....any photos of it in use would be good!

Tony

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam

We still always have a couple of throwbags in the cube, for using around vulnerable ground features!! Glad to hear you are getting along with the Throwpod....any photos of it in use would be good!

Tony

Thanks tony, didn't want to sound like I was preaching about it but at the same time didn't want to make it sound like I was saying its good but not that good I have to use a bag also :)

Ill get some photos up soon, taking a few days off as Alex is due with our son any day now :)

Good work with it though mate, really like it 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Congrats Adam. I got mine sent over from Marl Bolam, he had to have one of those cardigans that Reg wears from over here in exchange.... anyway, first shot, and the line tangled round a sucker... not the throwpods fault, but a jinx nonetheless :D Used it on a big silver maple, and the weight of the pod was not enough to bring it straight to the ground, it needed alot of bouncing.... Maybe a 12 and a 14 need to be thought about? Definitely an improvement on the projectile no less! Well done guys.

Congrats Adam. I got mine sent over from Marl Bolam, he had to have one of those cardigans that Reg wears from over here in exchange.... anyway, first shot, and the line tangled round a sucker... not the throwpods fault, but a jinx nonetheless :D Used it on a big silver maple, and the weight of the pod was not enough to bring it straight to the ground, it needed alot of bouncing.... Maybe a 12 and a 14 need to be thought about? Definitely an improvement on the projectile no less! Well done guys.

mistahbenn - can I just ask what line you use? Marcus uses ZingIt (1.7mm) and Petzl Airline, I use Dynaglyde (2mm) and Stein's Hot Pink (1.5mm) - we reckon these work well with both the 10oz and 8oz. However, the Dynaglyde is a bit soft and thick, so causes friction on rough barked trees!! Be good to find out what you are using.

Tony

Mark you never cease to amuse me. Sometimes we cant squeeze the bucket into a back yard.... hence the reason for having to get in a helicopter to drag my ass up into the tree...... :)

Now that's what I like to hear, helicopters - affordable tree gear for nearly every occasion! Go for the Stein Hot Pink - not too expensive and does what it says on the tin - takes a bit of stretching to get rid of the memory, but it was a pleasant surprise how well it worked. Also, are you throwing out of a cube? If not, get one you'll never regret it!