Evicting birds for a clearance job

cheesmanator

Anything after 1st march is risky. Lots of birds nesting now. Wouldn't take the risk of fine if I was you

+1 1st of march is a bit dodgy . the fine is 5k for the female leaving nest 5k for the nest 5k for any eggs lost. and will check nest so blackbird 10 eggs need a deep pocket. its you who is on the firing line not the council. bet if it went pete tong he wipe his hands and say not me. so be careful. can it not wait untill ist august then get on with it

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we had a strange job in the middle of feb,we had to climb 40 plus scots pines to remove rooks nests and install decoy plastic owls and also a reflective tape it worked great for a fortnight lol now the rooks are back with a vengance lol and even more nests

You need to do a dawn and dusk survey or a ecologist to do it day before and day of felling if you find birds flying into the tree with nest making material don't fell

Law has been beefed up to include recklessness ie if you don't do what I have explained and be able to prove your in the poo

I do bird and bat sweeps as a pre curser to all tree work this so if I end up in court again I have my records and diary notes to **** their barristers over and claim costs

Usually police wildlife officer who will try to prosecute but usually the council have gathered evidence if you do something wrong make a no comment statement and don't think helping them that they will be fair with you

Wildlife crime is serious and the judiciary want to be scene to be holding up the European directives and habitat regs

Hope this helps

I do bird and bat sweeps as a pre curser to all tree work this so if I end up in court again I have my records and diary notes to **** their barristers over and claim costs

That sounds like you are doing your own survey prior to executing the works, if that's the case I would like to see you try to do anything sexual to a barrister or even barristers.

Go for it if you want to but I wouldn't want the good people of arbtalk to think that what you propose is a good idea.

You will find yourself on the stand bent over with your impartiality around your ankles:thumbdown:

People who think they are going to beat the legal professionals are a prosecution lawyers dream. If you are lucky your own lawyer will coach you well enough to keep your trap shut.

we had a strange job in the middle of feb,we had to climb 40 plus scots pines to remove rooks nests and install decoy plastic owls and also a reflective tape it worked great for a fortnight lol now the rooks are back with a vengance lol and even more nests

Aren't rooks just adore able. I fitted a bunch of speakers for a client once, the experts said the sounds they played would put the birds off, they just built nests on them instead:laugh1::laugh1:

They resorted to shotguns after that.

Afternoon all,

Opinions please....

So a certain council has asked us to fell some trees and leave them before the birds are nesting. This is for a major house building firm. No word of a bird survey at all. Now I thought we had come into nesting season and this sort of thing was frowned upon. What should one do in such a situation, when the council officer is telling you to get them down???

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Sorry a little durnk when saw the head line

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you can demonstrate your a professional and know what your looking use the right pro forms you can do your own sweeps

I have lost a few when I was learning but I am winning now

I opened my trap to help the poster other wise to you my non learned friend it would be no comment as you obviously know enough

As a senior poster with so many comments I have would have hoped for more

Shoot straight stay alive

If you can demonstrate your a professional and know what your looking use the right pro forms you can do your own sweeps

I have lost a few when I was learning but I am winning now

I opened my trap to help the poster other wise to you my non learned friend it would be no comment as you obviously know enough

As a senior poster with so many comments I have would have hoped for more

Shoot straight stay alive

You can hope for more, I expected better.

What sort of professional? Tree cutter or ecologist

As a tree cutter you are hardly qualified to perform what needs to be an ecological survey and whatever forms you use, you still can't get away from the fact that you can't be considered impartial on any sort of conditioning or consenting if you are the one doing the cutting.

It's writing your own consent for gods sake, how can that possibly be impartial? I am concerned that you are leading the people of the good ship arbtalk astray.

You are a professional tree cutter, get a professional ecologist on the job, it's what the big boys do because its the only way not to be rolling the dice in a court of law.

If it wasn't dodgy why did you "loose a few" and how many do you think is acceptable for anyone else "learning" while following your advice to loose.

What did your losses cost you? The judiciary usually likes its kicking to be more expensive than hiring a professional.