Genetic modification- your views please

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think there is much we can do about GM Tony. Man's most artificial invention money has made sure that this will go ahead. We have been tinkering with nature for some time now mostly for profit. I think it will be about 30 years before we are in the real brown stuff but I will be long gone by then so it won't affect me. I won't be running about destroying crops that are fenced off any time soon.

Edited by Gnome
fingers not coordinated with keyboard

I don't think there is much we can do about GM Tony. Man's most artificial invention money has made sure that this will go ahead. We have been tinkering with nature for some time now mostly for profit. I think it will be about 30 years before we are in the real brown stuff but I will be long gone by then so it won't affect me. I won't be running about destroying crops that are fenced off any time soon.

Your right,in some regard, but WE control that energy, money.:thumbup1:

indeed, and it does at times become a little too heavy :thumbdown: hence my at times and often distraught state as I learn the depths to which we sink with such things.

Vandana shiva has scientifically proven that organic, bio diverse farming methods out yield GM and mono-cultures.

the global food crisis will result because of the likes of the big corps and their blatant disregard for natural systems, not because of any real dangers, they will probably manufacture the problems and come forth with the solutions, like with this Bee thing.:thumbdown:

Hi Tony

I share your concerns about the planet, and as I work my way through A Degree the more concerned I become. Some days after studying certain things I am that bloody morose I cant even be bothered to make a brew.

I think that with the farming practices of the last 60 years, we have pretty much screwed ourselfs, and If we are luky might be able to mitigat the effects if we act now, but not enough is being done.

Hi Tony

I share your concerns about the planet, and as I work my way through A Degree the more concerned I become. Some days after studying certain things I am that bloody morose I cant even be bothered to make a brew.

I think that with the farming practices of the last 60 years, we have pretty much screwed ourselfs, and If we are luky might be able to mitigat the effects if we act now, but not enough is being done.

I hear you bro

I despair. I probably have a very naive view of things and wish the world a simpler place. I despair for people that cannot see what is around them or even care. I despair that many chase money for materialistic goods with no care of the consequences and those that wring out everything until nothing more is forthcoming. I just despair:001_smile:

Sorry a bit of a rant and off topic.

I'm not sure what can be done, On a personal level I try and buy locally from sources I hope I can trust. I no longer buy from the big supermarkets. I don't buy processed meat products.

A little fish in a big sea! I'm sure GM is a ticking bomb as is world monoculture.

Not a bit of scientific basis to back up my feelings but I'm protesting in my very small way.

I despair. I probably have a very naive view of things and wish the world a simpler place. I despair for people that cannot see what is around them or even care. I despair that many chase money for materialistic goods with no care of the consequences and those that wring out everything until nothing more is forthcoming. I just despair:001_smile:

Sorry a bit of a rant and off topic.

I'm not sure what can be done, On a personal level I try and buy locally from sources I hope I can trust. I no longer buy from the big supermarkets. I don't buy processed meat products.

A little fish in a big sea! I'm sure GM is a ticking bomb as is world monoculture.

Not a bit of scientific basis to back up my feelings but I'm protesting in my very small way.

Science is a relatively new way of thinking, before we trusted our intuition, and its way more valid than a 200 year old methodology!:thumbup1: