Hedge planting

farmboymark

Just back from the pub, where some one has asked me to do a quote on hedge planting, not sure what the going rate on planting is.

Think it'll work out to be 200m double planting, 3 plants per metre, along the side fence of a grass field, they'll get all the plants guard etc, I just need to plant

Anyone got any ideas???

if its double planting native hedge do 5 to the mtr boot apart. depends what the plants cost plus guards and canes.

looking at aprox £3 for 5 plants guards £1 canes 50p theres £4.50 a mtr then your time how many mtrs can you plant in a day.

poss 4 days maybe less. there are those who plant a lot who will say what they can do in a day,

Edited by hedgesparrow

Some things to consider, how big plants will be, how hard ground is, is the grass long or will it be sprayed off all this will depend on how long to plant anv guard. Best thing about planting is not many tool, spade, bag, hammer for canes.

Edited by woody paul

I'm tempted to say ill do it by the hour being as this is the first time I've done any, using there planting tool, the grass is all ready sprayed off along the fence where it's going

I could time how many plants per hour I get in and guarded, might not be the most profitable way of doing the job, but you gotta start somewhere, it could also lead to other jobs on theyre farm