SRT Q & A's Thread

Yea I was impressed with your skills Dan! 30m was big! The best I managed to get the line accurately in that grave yard Kapok was 25! and that was a lucky shot!

One armed pendulum is key for big throws. But im more accurate with a cradle between my legs. You are right Dan I need to practice. I dont take the big shot everyday. Just for big trees

Come on ben, your being modest!! I though your skills were pretty good. :thumbup1:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any tips for adding a foot loop and hand ascender to a RW setup?

I've only tried it briefly but everything seemed to be a bit too busy.

Keep it separate mark, if you have a fall the last thing you want is a toothed ascender shredding your rope. I have 2 hand ascenders one just the hand and a crab for clipping it back on and another if i want to frog walk up so crab, and footloop.

Bugger.

Yeah, it was just to aid ascent Dan.

Cool, so just don't tether yourself to it. Keep it as just a hand ascender with footloop. Personally I rarely use one, but for a footloop I use a 120cm sling with a little chainsaw strop ring double larks footed into it to cinch it to my foot. If I used one more often I might be tempted to buy a proper footloop but my bodged one does the job perfectly.