First job advice needed !!!

Graham 777

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking the member on here asking for advice. When someone asks such a simple question that was asked, maybe (as well as answering his question) additional advice would include, get some tickets, work for someone for a while, see how it's done. At least then he'll have a half descent chance of doing a job safely and proficiently.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It's very difficult to get a job here without tickets, and tickets are expensive. So which comes first? Chicken or egg?

He's doing exactly the right thing, irrespective of what insurance or experience he may or may not have. He's trying to make something of himself and work for a living and for that he has my full support. :thumbup1:

It's very difficult to get a job here without tickets, and tickets are expensive. So which comes first? Chicken or egg?

He's doing exactly the right thing, irrespective of what insurance or experience he may or may not have. He's trying to make something of himself and work for a living and for that he has my full support. :thumbup1:

Thank's mate I appreciate it :thumbup1:

Dont kingswood do a combined CS30/31/32/38/39 Chipper & brushcutter course. £4k but even so, He might be able to get some money for a business start up grant if he doesnt have the reddies here and now.

Some peoples attitudes suck!

Everyone starts somewhere. Surely no one is suggesting that before any of us venture into offering a service, we invest in any piece of feasibly required equipment, training, and insurance!?

Not all that long ago people learnt skills and earned their bread with common sense and hard work...... How ever did they cope without tickets and insurance!!!?!?

And as for people taking work from established professionals. This kind of job is, the old boy up the road needs his hedge reducing, or lady up the road needs her grass cut type stuff!

Good on you graham 777! I started in the same place 4 years ago :)

Some peoples attitudes suck!

Everyone starts somewhere. Surely no one is suggesting that before any of us venture into offering a service, we invest in any piece of feasibly required equipment, training, and insurance!?

Not all that long ago people learnt skills and earned their bread with common sense and hard work...... How ever did they cope without tickets and insurance!!!?!?

And as for people taking work from established professionals. This kind of job is, the old boy up the road needs his hedge reducing, or lady up the road needs her grass cut type stuff!

Good on you graham 777! I started in the same place 4 years ago :)

I am with you on this one, an enterprising young man looking to make his way in this world, a rare thing!:thumbup:

In common Law one has the right to travel and to commerce, statute law is another matter.

I am with you on this one, an enterprising young man looking to make his way in this world, a rare thing!:thumbup:

In common Law one has the right to travel and to commerce, statute law is another matter.

Someone going out there having a go, and working hard! rather than sitting on their buttocks claiming every benefit under the son bcos there is " no work"

Is to be commended!