First job advice needed !!!

Graham 777

Cheer's mate :thumbup1: the way that I look at it is that I had two "option's"

I could either ; a) use all my available "fund's" to go on training course's and get my "ticket's" all the while earning "no money" to pay my bill's e.t.c. and then have no fund's for a truck or tool's and snooker myself !

or ; b) use my "fund's" to buy myself a decent truck and some tool's and to get myself out there earning a few quid to pay my bill's and put some by toward's "training" and ticket's and to also "get a feel for the job" I am well aware and comfortable of what my capabilities are, and thank's to this forum I've had quite a few offer's of help if there are any job's that come up that are beyond my own capabilities :thumbup1:

Good stuff. :thumbup1:

Imagine what a berk you'd feel if you spent all your savings getting a load of tickets and them finding you didn't like the job and couldn't get any work... :001_huh::biggrin:

Those who are able to afford to get all their tickets and insurances before they start work are very fortunate. However not everyone has the luxury of that head start, many have to work for every single penny. And fair play to them :thumbup1: I wouldn't want to undermine that effort by suggesting they shouldn't be doing the work.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a point to note that there are many different levels to arboreal work. I sometimes help friends clear brush and fallen trees. Much of it such small scale that you wouldn't bring in a large ticketed company because it wouldn't be financially viable. Think it offers good experience in basics.