General Bark Trimming Question

newbie01

Redirect for falling down or expansion of girth? I'm actually thinking about taking the panel away from the tree now from the advice given and making up a couple of panels and joining them to the tree directly, as the tree has totaly screwed up my boundary line......Hopefully I'll have some pics of the cut at the weekend. Any particular screws or nails which are a big no no for a euc?

If the tree eventually has to come down (normally because of inappropriate euc planting) the Tree Surgeon who takes it down will not thank you for putting nails or screws into the trunk.

Try and get posts in either side of the main trunk inbetween roots to fasten the fence to. If you use fence panels you will end up making it hard for yourself as you have set 6ft spacings

it might heal but it just as likely to allow disease into the tree.....but thats all irrelevant as the trunk, particularly on a fast growing tree like a euc, is going to increase in girth farily qickly and push the fence out of alignement in no time anyway!

Trees don't heal.. They compartmentalise.. Otherwise I'd agree.