Time is coming to an end

Lyncombe-climber

Man and boy, thought you were only 21? You make me feel VERY old at 32!

You've still got time to make it and lose it 10 times over yet, don't let it get you down.

Dust yourself off and have another go. There are shysters everywhere, with experience comes the ability to deal with them and not let them get the better of you.

You know the saying. 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'. Don't let them get you again.

Good luck with everything.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dito::dito::dito:

Man and boy, thought you were only 21? You make me feel VERY old at 32!

You've still got time to make it and lose it 10 times over yet, don't let it get you down.

Dust yourself off and have another go. There are shysters everywhere, with experience comes the ability to deal with them and not let them get the better of you.

You know the saying. 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'. Don't let them get you again.

Good luck with everything.

Well arbtalk, I've been in the tree game a while. Man and boy you could say. But, after a line of non payers, and having to take people to court. And clients going else where. People double crossing me. It has reached the unavoidable point of no more money :thumbdown: so from Monday morning my business will be no more and it will be starting from scratch again for me. I will remain here as your a top bunch of blokes. :thumbup:

And to the people on arbtalk that have been the becoming of this. THANKS A BUNCH.

Thanks arbtalk. Still cheers me up even at this point :thumbup:

Really sorry to hear that and good luck with your new venture, :thumbup1: I had been told by my brother Frank that things were getting tough down there in Somerset, outlaws, cowboys and aliens especially around the Hemyock frontier , I am fairly lucky as work around Missouri seems to be quite boyant although I know economic climates can change very quickly . Good luck :thumbup1: What are you going to do?

Here you go then. I'm only 21 !! Got 1000 acres of forest between somerset and Surrey. Consisting of 4 pieces. All the kit I need. Nice truck. And diesel in the tank. And I did this by..........

At the age of 17 working a PAPER ROUND at 5.30am - 7am.

Then worked at a hotel from 8 - 4.

Then worked at a pub from 5 - close!!

That made me the money to get back to what I love!!

TRY IT!!!

Your words, not mine. Sleep on it and pick yourself up in the morning. You clearly have the right attitude when on the up. Try to pick the vibe up when your down. Difficult I know, but master that and it will pay dividends like you wouldn't believe.

Who exactly are the arbtalkers who led to this? Or was it more a case of a misunderstanding?

We will probably never know who they are or were. Naming and shaming it allowed.

Enjoy a bit of time off doing something a little bit relaxing with the woodland. Take the time to sort out your head and try and resolve a new approach to any work you wish to do.

Don't dwell on the past from now on if only to learn from any mistakes.

Don't be tempted to get rid of any gear you have acquired either. It will be harder to get it back again.

Maybe do some days contract climbing or work and the like for people you know and can trust.

Keep at it and never give up. All the best for the future and whatever path you choose.

We will probably never know who they are or were. Naming and shaming it allowed.

Enjoy a bit of time off doing something a little bit relaxing with the woodland. Take the time to sort out your head and try and resolve a new approach to any work you wish to do.

Don't dwell on the past from now on if only to learn from any mistakes.

Don't be tempted to get rid of any gear you have acquired either. It will be harder to get it back again.

Maybe do some days contract climbing or work and the like for people you know and can trust.

Keep at it and never give up. All the best for the future and whatever path you choose.

Good sound advice :thumbup1: and one last thing, I really think the tide is about to turn, things this year will begin to pick up.

Well arbtalk, I've been in the tree game a while. Man and boy you could say. But, after a line of non payers, and having to take people to court. And clients going else where. People double crossing me. It has reached the unavoidable point of no more money :thumbdown: so from Monday morning my business will be no more and it will be starting from scratch again for me. I will remain here as your a top bunch of blokes. :thumbup:

And to the people on arbtalk that have been the becoming of this. THANKS A BUNCH.

Thanks arbtalk. Still cheers me up even at this point :thumbup:

HI ANDREW all the best mate in what you do mate jon

Here you go then. I'm only 21 !! Got 1000 acres of forest between somerset and Surrey. Consisting of 4 pieces. All the kit I need.

Now your all making me feel REALLY old! You've got twice your current age and then some left in you just working, put it into perspective. I could only dream of being in the position you were in at your age with the private work and woodland etc, and to a certain degree, still do.

You obviously worked hard to get to where you had got to, and have now been on the receiving end of one of life's tougher lessons - there are many, many idiots in the world, and most of them will turn you over / bad mouth you / give you the run around at the drop of a hat.

Don't let it get to you to much, pick yourself up and get the determination back to prove the hard work so far has been worth it. Quitting now won't get you anywhere but bitter, and selling your gear will get you bitter and in a position not to pick more work up when it comes through, which it will.

I hope it all works out well for you whatever you decide to do, chin up, ignore the wasters of this world (of which there are many) and think how lucky you / we are to be in a position to do something we are good at and that you love doing. Many people would envy you for that! :thumbup:

How can you go from having 1000 acres to 60 acres of woodland so fast? :confused1:

Take it you must mean managing the woodlands for estates etc not owning it all? :001_smile:

I'd love to own 60 acres of woodland, if I had say the £250,000 or what ever needed to buy it theese days.

So having that much is more that many can dream of I reckon so keep postive :001_smile: