looking for Arb trucks for sale?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand low emissions but I would have expected there to be an excemption for older trucks

I run rb44 there all about 1991 4liter Perkins and 4x4 legal to carry 2.25 tons

You will buy one with a chip box fitted for. £6k and it will have no more than 15000 miles on clock

Brakes are in Stone Age or like a series 2 landrover

I have bad credit history, the banks wont touch me, i have to go with sharks and graft harder!:biggrin:

In that case, its a Landy or a hilux 3to4 k and a good entec, all paid for , find the best number 2 you can and pay him as much as you can and look after him, with you knowledge and interpersonal skills you will be fine, stay small , stay under the VAT, don't be tempted to drop your prices if times go quite, there is also very little money to be made on the big jobs at the moment , be chabby chic as it were and sell your self to those who appreciated quality and an in depth knowledge of trees and ecology . :thumbup1:

In that case, its a Landy or a hilux 3to4 k and a good entec, all paid for , find the best number 2 you can and pay him as much as you can and look after him, with you knowledge and interpersonal skills you will be fine, stay small , stay under the VAT, don't be tempted to drop your prices if times go quite, there is also very little money to be made on the big jobs at the moment , be chabby chic as it were and sell your self to those who appreciated quality and an in depth knowledge of trees and ecology . :thumbup1:

I will not struggle for work or for price, Ive been able to avoid those battles:thumbup: and it definatley pays to be a quick climber:thumbup1:

I will not struggle for work or for price, Ive been able to avoid those battles:thumbup: and it definatley pays to be a quick climber:thumbup1:

Thats good, now on the credit thing the way to improve your history , it sounds mad, but its to try and get a credit card and pay it off in full every month, also a small loan, say £500 , even if you don't need it and then just pay it off early. It won't take long to put things right. :thumbup1:

good advice on the equipment front from jesse

Thanks for that, you can't really go wrong on that set up, its only when you try to expand that things can go odd. In my eyes thats the standard fool proof set up. and thats ideally the mk 3 hilux. I think thats the one, the one before the turbo was put on which still had a traditional front axle and naturally aspired engine.

Thats good, now on the credit thing the way to improve your history , it sounds mad, but its to try and get a credit card and pay it off in full every month, also a small loan, say £500 , even if you don't need it and then just pay it off early. It won't take long to put things right. :thumbup1:

From somebody who used to work in a high street bank, I would echo the above. Once you have a credit card, use it every month and then pay it off in full before the due date. It builds up a bit of good history and any subsequent lender should take it in to consideration.

Good luck with your new venture, I wish you well.