The Art of Zig Zag

silky fox

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good find, be nice to keep everything save for everyone, ZigZag MK2 SRT Compatible?!?! they would rake it in and be clever if they did so :001_smile:

FOR all non facebook users:

Treetools New Zealand

A potential problem exists when the ZigZag is used single line with the Rope Wrench. Due to the orientation of the ZigZag single line the carrier for the stainless friction links loads at the outer edge of tolerance between the aluminum pulley sheave and the side plates - stainless versus ali - not good! Treetools demo model is showing signs of wear after very little use in this configuration.

zzz.png.57107c980c87e56f696d5d4c346c3794.png

I won't be trying it out im just interested.i will invest in a uni after this news, thanks for the heads up tho guys as I have been using it for access.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Just out of curiosity how did it feel for access mate and im glad that warning went up wouldnt want to wreck myself on first goes on learning srt

I think it might be to do with the angle its sitting rather than weight that it see's, it wil be oriented differently when there is a splice connected to the top of the device the "gold tab" maybe attaching the thether there may help the issue? I know they say it can't be used for SRT but they show it being used with a munter under it as an emergency bail out option so placing a wrench above it gives the same effect of adding friction. The negative side of me thinks they say it cant be used srt as they have the

Rig which they push as there SRWP tool and they wouldn't want to endorse a competitors product.

Where do you think they had the tether connected Ewan? I had it connected to the top eye and it seemed fine, I believe that with this set up the heavier you are the more the rack extends making the bottom arm rub against the ali body. I weigh 9.5 stone and noticed no issues, I would like to see more tests done.

Mine rubs like in the pic climbing DRT in the way petzl intends it and after a few climbs there is already some signs of wear, maybe because unlike joe loggs I'm over the optimal climbing weight?