46,000 litres per annum for 75kWe Generator???

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incorporate a wheen of solar panels and a feel-good windmill to blag the green grants.

cheers

marcus

er, I think not!!! Totally no chance on dartmoor (and I agree with that); turbines and shiny panels are absolutely non-starters under the DNPA.

You could have a reliable German 45 kwe CHP system but it is not cheap at 176,000 euro's. The main downside with the system is the need for 15% MC woodchip. Not a problem for me but finding 15% MC on Dartmoor could be a problem as the UK is not geared up for quality low MC woodchip unlike Germany.

Sure; sounds good but what you say about mc of chip rings true - there is a woodfuel cooperative in the area - well known for producing crap chip. :001_rolleyes:

I can install a 3.0MW wind turbine for you, retail is roughly £2Million but you would need to sort out your own infrastructure!

as above; dnpa would be :lol::lol::lol: I don't think so matey boy!

Anything, big, bright, shiny, above the parepet etc is a no no on the moor; simply not allowed.

Turns out a grid connection might be best; £90k and is billed over time; that's 3 years gas oil over 5 years I think...

details of the german chp plant

Wood cogeneration plant

and a typical water turbine

Turbines

although for a pub a more traditional waterwheel might be more public friendly

Aagh yes, log customer of mine who is a biomass installer said about the gasification side of it - seems a bit secondary to me; always taught to go for primary energy i.e. gas before elec...

ta for the links :thumbup:

er, I think not!!! Totally no chance on dartmoor (and I agree with that); turbines and shiny panels are absolutely non-starters under the DNPA.

Sure; sounds good but what you say about mc of chip rings true - there is a woodfuel cooperative in the area - well known for producing crap chip. :001_rolleyes:

as above; dnpa would be :lol::lol::lol: I don't think so matey boy!

Anything, big, bright, shiny, above the parepet etc is a no no on the moor; simply not allowed.

Turns out a grid connection might be best; £90k and is billed over time; that's 3 years gas oil over 5 years I think...

There are loads of companies that can do grid connection. Power company rates are horrendous !

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Herz, a big apparently reputable Austrian manufacturer now do a woodchip boiler install that will work with chip up (or is that down?) to 40% m/c.

Very recently released after years of development (apparently)

Came across it yesterday, while researching for a replacment logwood/gasifying domestic boiler.

I can only presume using the low temp otherwise wasted flue gas heat to pre-dry the incoming chip, again I can only presume they continuiously (or as often as necessary) blow cold air through the stock pile to prevent composting.

cheers

marcus