Beech Gets Done

scotspine1

Mr Pine, can I ask you which camera you prefer?

that was filmed on a borrowed drift 170, have never used any other headcams, but the gopro looks good, also the newer version of the drift looks good.

Nice vid and work site management :thumbup1:

cheers, there was basal decay with Kretzch, it's one of only 2 trees where I've hired a Picus to get readings to help determine how to approach the job ie rigging optimum sizes etc. Have the Picus readings and cross section of base (post fell) pics if you'd like to see them let me know.

There was a gas tank under the tree which we built a temporary shelter over to stop any debris hitting it during the rigging (dead stuff breaking off etc) . Tyres along the retaining wall near the building etc. Lots of prep.

tyres2.jpg.8f262770e0fe5d5f316e30a8e9fa08d7.jpg

tryes.jpg.b8ba9db6263f8d00738f3eefe54071ed.jpg

gastank.jpg.67c316b13870fdd760042da966f4f61d.jpg

Absolutely enjoyed that a lot Tim, thanks for taking the time to share:thumbup1:

Cheers Adam, glad you enjoyed it.

How do you rate that saw Tim? The jonesred, that is:biggrin:

great saw, it's one of their pro-range (difficult to get hold of in the UK) at the time I bought it I was gonna buy a 372xp but saw the JRed and bought it instead as it's essentially the same saw. Had it for years now, never lets me down.

I used it recently with 30" bar on a decent sized redwood removal, it ploughed through the wood no bother, was nice to have a lighter saw up in the tree as well.

jred2.jpg.04d65465212d32c4c5ec1ae70de3df97.jpg