RopeKnight

Is a recycling program enough?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is a recycling program enough?

• YES
    • NO
    • ITS GOOD START
    • NOT AN ISSUE

I am happy to see that they are concerned with Lead being released into the environment. And I congratulate them for their effort.

Here is the Petzl recycling program.

Recycling the JET throw-bag by Petzl | Petzl

On the other hand.

What about your personal safe handling of a Lead weighted bag? The internal balloon wears, ruptures and degrades without a visual sign and the Lead is then pulverized and dusts up or oozes from the bag. It is just a balloon after all.

Is a recycling program enough?

What is your take on this?

Concern over recycling 10oz of lead when I can go clay shooting and think nothing of blowing 150oz over farmed fields. I am sure this is nothing more than a publicity stunt

All about perspective isn't it! When I think about how much lead I have discarded into the atmosphere in my life, 100% has come from shotgun cartridges and, er, 0% from broken throw bags!

Of course,the answer isn't petzl's recyling programme, it's a rope knight! :thumbup:

Concern over recycling 10oz of lead when I can go clay shooting and think nothing of blowing 150oz over farmed fields. I am sure this is nothing more than a publicity stunt

I think this thread is a publicity stunt for rope knight but there is a point here.

You can’t make a reasonable comparison between shot bags and shooting. The lead you send over the field is just that, sent over the field, you (should) never actually see the lead, it comes in a plastic container and leaves at a speed over the field.

Your throw bag is another matter altogether, its the same lead shot agitating against itself producing a fine lead dust which can get out through the bag and get on your hands clothing and the air you breathe.

Or buy a harrison rocket which i believe is full of stainless shot

Almost all bags/balls are LEAD(Pb) HR included.

They won't announce it in catalogues. Don't ask, don't tell.

They almost always will specify if the weight component is steel, brass or copper.

I think its better that we know than to have it kept a secret.

Edited by RopeKnight