First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

It does make me wonder if it's the filter in the oil tank being too fine! When I put a drop of petrol in there it came out as you'd think it should, but as soon as I put oil back in it slows down to virtually nothing. May be worth trying a 200t filter!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does make me wonder if it's the filter in the oil tank being too fine! When I put a drop of petrol in there it came out as you'd think it should, but as soon as I put oil back in it slows down to virtually nothing. May be worth trying a 200t filter!

Wondered this myself before about the oil filter being fine, would be good to see how you get on with the filter swap

Wondered this myself before about the oil filter being fine, would be good to see how you get on with the filter swap

Just got mine back from the shop because they say there isn't anything wrong. Seemed to oil fine in there but once I cut into a log at home it looks like it's stopped again. They said to keep an eye on it and then bring it back if it's the same so will see what happens on the job tomorrow. I will try the different filter too, see if that helps.

If none of that works and an oiler's cheap, I think I'll just fit my own, save being without the saw for weeks.

Yeah I can't wait until it's working correctly Dan! When I popped in the shop they said that it's the only they've sold that's had the problem! They have had a few people in with the strop loop breaking though, I've now backed mine up now so I can't loose it out of a tree!

How have you backed up the strop loop Gerbutt?

It's hard to see here because most of the bulbs have gone in my house, haha!

It's a strong bit of elastic that's tied round the front handle and then tied round the clip and karabiner. It stays nice a tight to the body so it doesn't get snagged, and also make the krab stick out the back so it's easy to put the saw on the carrytool one handed.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1391727384.302572.jpg.d6a5a81399f8d0ee26736b8cb550f343.jpg

It's hard to see here because most of the bulbs have gone in my house, haha!

It's a strong bit of elastic that's tied round the front handle and then tied round the clip and karabiner. It stays nice a tight to the body so it doesn't get snagged, and also make the krab stick out the back so it's easy to put the saw on the carrytool one handed.

[ATTACH]147954[/ATTACH]

That looks pretty good. I have done similar in that I have tied strop to same part of handle and then fed through the clip. I will be changing it to something similar to you now as that looks a lot better. Thanks for taking the time to post pics Gerbutt.