Chainsaw sales from Ford Transit

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

Been approached this afternoon on site from a couple of young Irish lads in a White Ford Transit offering drills, brushcutters, chainsaws. So had a look in the back and 10 brand new Orange and White saws at £120 each. Took registration details (11-DL-482) and passed to Police-Trading Standards.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why o why do the police not do something about this scum, we all no they are selling stolen stuff. If any one of us have so much as a bulb gone on our trucks they would be stopping us. They just seem to be able to getaway with any thing. The police should get a real hard crew of men and turn every site over.

Why o why do the police not do something about this scum, we all no they are selling stolen stuff. If any one of us have so much as a bulb gone on our trucks they would be stopping us. They just seem to be able to getaway with any thing. The police should get a real hard crew of men and turn every site over.

Agreed.

Several years back I nearly lost my licence (new driver so only 6 points available on my clean licence) due to an insurance technicality (drivers covered 3rd party if over 25 and I was a couple of months short - teach me to read the fine print). It's only by chance that I had quite a few good character references and my lawyer knew the procurator fiscal that the charges were dropped.

Now that's an honest mistake that could happen to anyone (driving without insurance is an absolute offense, meaning that there are no excuses. You insurance company could cancel on you without your knowledge and you can still get done) and they go after you like there is no tomorrow.

These thieving scum make a living out of destroying honest, hard working people's livings. They should all be locked up and sterilised.

A friend of mine had his quad nicked by them, he presented photographic evidence of it's location and had several witnesses come forward but the police wouldn't go in there.

They asked if it was insured and gave him a crime number.

They're frightened of going in there because they might not come out, or will end up dragged all through a channel 4 fly on the wall documentary by some bleeding heart liberal luvvies. Law enforcement need to grow some and get in there in my opinion.

A friend of mine had his quad nicked by them, he presented photographic evidence of it's location and had several witnesses come forward but the police wouldn't go in there.

They asked if it was insured and gave him a crime number.

They're frightened of going in there because they might not come out, or will end up dragged all through a channel 4 fly on the wall documentary by some bleeding heart liberal luvvies. Law enforcement need to grow some and get in there in my opinion.

Your reply to this thread speaks volumes. It seems to me that the police have a selective means of enforcement when it comes to law enforcement in your country. We have the same situation here stateside, however sometimes the victims of said crimes can and will take matters into their own hands to secure justice or some semblance there of.

easy-lift guy