Any arbtalking veg growers in da house?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had 2nd bumper crop of spuds, 1st tomatoes are just turning red, sweet peppers coming along nicely, chillis doing nothing yet, all the srawberries are gone, carrots go in every month & come out every 2 months, perpetual spinach, celery aswell but it just looks like cress at the mo, lambs lettuce & mixed leaf lettuce oh & purple sprouting but they'e covered in caterpillars! all from seed, really want a polly tunnel !

Bloomin did it again! Got half way through my t and realised I hadn't taken a picture.

Runners, sweetcorn, courgette roast tatties (all from the plot) and roast pork from an organic farm I shoot.Managed to strike a deal with the farmer and had 2 pigs, it worked out at less than a £1 a lb for a freezer full of pork, I kept the price low buy collecting it from the abattoir and jointing it up myself thanks to a tutorial on youtube.

Ill post a picture of the strawberry and apple crumble when it gets out of the oven.

1376238591330.jpg.3fca9dfaf800cb6536e7adb81998100b.jpg

Whats with the toffee crisp carton in the desert pic. Isnt everyone enjoying the good life Pat?:sneaky2:

P.s no offence at the Bee question earlier. Results so far.

Crushed strawberry is the winner at the moment with about 20 wasps followed by crushed pear with 5 and dissolved toffee has 4.

Apple has been suggested as it ferments into alcohol better.

Still lots of wasps around and they are now raiding the compost bin.

The battle continues...

Whats with the toffee crisp carton in the desert pic. Isnt everyone enjoying the good life Pat?:sneaky2:

P.s no offence at the Bee question earlier. Results so far.

Crushed strawberry is the winner at the moment with about 20 wasps followed by crushed pear with 5 and dissolved toffee has 4.

Apple has been suggested as it ferments into alcohol better.

Still lots of wasps around and they are now raiding the compost bin.

The battle continues...

Its a cup mate :thumbup: