Digger grapples?

haforbes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very bad Harry, sorry your not having much luck. Perhaps start a thread on its own about what to do in this situation, there are some members who are quite clued up about legal matters (Felix the log chopper for example) but may not be looking at this thread.

I'm looking for a company to supply a grab for my 3 tonner, I think its a toss up between Hawkfawk or good ole Digbits. Although those RSL grabs seem quite well made....

That's very bad Harry, sorry your not having much luck. Perhaps start a thread on its own about what to do in this situation, there are some members who are quite clued up about legal matters (Felix the log chopper for example) but may not be looking at this thread.

I'm looking for a company to supply a grab for my 3 tonner, I think its a toss up between Hawkfawk or good ole Digbits. Although those RSL grabs seem quite well made....

Think you might be right there Matt. I'll put a thread in the general chat section and see what I get from that.

• 6 months later...
The video I posted was a thumb that can be pinned out the way on the jib manually.

Limited for close in work but still makes life so much easier .

Here's mine earning it's keep this week[ATTACH]162569[/ATTACH][ATTACH]162570[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for photos

How did you go about piping your grab to get rotate/grab working or did you already have two sets of aux fitted?

Originally CAT couldn't get it to work originally as it's a fixed grab and a normal return doesn't work. Rather than spend any more time or change huydraulics they paid for an electro hydraulic valve to be built into quick hitch, so it's just 2 hoses to the dipper.

My machine has loads of extra hydraulics due to it being especially made and then cancelled, so I bought it.

I'm going to get it changed around eventually when I get it to the right folk, so I have 2 rocker switches rather than a foot pedal, and I can do 2 things at once, just now I can't rotate and open and shut at the same time.