bandit 90 chipper

El Bandito

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree,as you say there is an adjustable flow control & it could have been on slow. This is for large diameter timber to stop autofeeding as much as possible as this wastes time & fuel, having a chipper that feeds fast & constantly autofeeds is unproductive.

The pulling power of the motors is 6167in/lbs of torque per wheel & 1646lbs of pulling power per wheel,in laymans terms a chuffin lot not to mention the hydraulic crush to assist.

If you lift the top feedwheel out of the way so the only thing pulling in the timber is the disc there is no difference, the wheels & toplift are just extras.

I agree,as you say there is an adjustable flow control & it could have been on slow. This is for large diameter timber to stop autofeeding as much as possible as this wastes time & fuel, having a chipper that feeds fast & constantly autofeeds is unproductive.

The pulling power of the motors is 6167in/lbs of torque per wheel & 1646lbs of pulling power per wheel,in laymans terms a chuffin lot not to mention the hydraulic crush to assist.

If you lift the top feedwheel out of the way so the only thing pulling in the timber is the disc there is no difference, the wheels & toplift are just extras.

What does the flowmeter look like...and which way does it turn to speed it up...??:001_smile:

Here you go, numbered 1-10, could be anywhere on the chipper.

I said I would have another bandit and this is a good example of why, the item in the picture is a flow divider, it splits the incoming oil flow sending some to the feed rollers and the remainder back to the tank you can run it at any speed without the danger of the oil overheating.

I have seen other machines fitted with a (cheaper) flow restrictor, the difference is that the flow restrictor can’t be used full time because it causes the oil to heat up and that’s a baaaad thing.

What's wrong with it, out of curiosity? We have a 990 drum and its a fantastic bit of kit.

Hi Ian. Maybe I'm been a bit harsh, i am very disappointed with it though. It was a new 95 bought 6 months ago. It seems to get jammed easy with timber, no auto feed, no hour clock, no rev counter, when I first got it the murphy switch kept on engaging turning the machine off. Bits of chip gets caught between the feed roller housing and push into the flywheel bearing. The first two days I had it, it was in the engineers.

I was looking at a 990, was wanting a drum chipper but just couldn't afford one. Like I said maybe I'm been a bit critical, but what I expected and what I got was very different.

That doesn't sound good. The drum has been an excellent purchase. Only stopped it once when it dragged the last bit of wood through on auto feed but didn't have the revs to chip it. Easily unblocked though. Have you still got the Bandit or did you chop it in on something else?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App