navara must go. gutted

the hedge man

That something to do with failing to submit a return in on time, new fines for this tax year or last, I forget-I read the rules for the then forth coming year but then went fully into the Swedish tax system

Yep you are probably right....there is a penalty for not submitting your tax return.....not the same penalties for not paying it though...the interest is minimal :thumbup1:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steve. I'm going to go with what you suggest. I've been a drama queen, need to man up I do.

I hate paying bills late, but I think think in this case im going to lose too much for the sake of wanting to pay a bill on time.

Edited by the hedge man

You don't need to man up mate, you need information.

When you feel yourself panicking over something, just stop! Sit down and take 6 very deep breaths.

In say positive stuff, out say the horrible stuff, take in good, blow out bad.

Start a thread on here looking for advice, now you got advice as others recognised your panick.

I have Vat acc, tax acc, saving acc, personal ac, bussiness AC. 7 altogether BUT when things arise outwith my control is all gets swapped about.

I sold a cracking jeep years ago, then got owed money, needed to pay tax man and had used savings to pay wages and costs.

So I sold the jeep , quick instant solution.

Now with the Arbtalk family and ease of accessing the Internet it's so much better.

If you have a broken jeep thats going to cost you money to fix, isn't really needed then sell it, same with the chipper.

OR get focused, make a plan and stick to it.

advice is easy to give when you are not in the situation yourself .

Find YOUR way of dealing with things, it might be writing it down , it might be going for a run, gym, swimming or like most of us work!!!!!

It's turns off the brain to all the other crap and pays the bills, when 1 part of the equation breaks down so does the other.

Keep busy, move toward your goal and call the tax man and tell them your situation .

Good luck

I got in a mess yrs back. Decent tax man had me in to sort things out. If you can't pay you need a couple of loan refusal letters from the bank/building society. Then the tax office will lend youoney to pay them. Their interest rate is very low, lower than base rate. I'd arrange an appointment with the collection department and explain the issues. At the end of the day they simply want to collect what's owed. Best of luck.

Just phone them and set up a repayment plan. Keep your truck and use it to earn the money to pay them. They might seem serious but they are only humans. They know people are having hard times at the moment. You feel better once you've spoke to them. Take it from me, head in the sand technique doesnt work:cool:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Luke, in a recession as we are I cannot believe the tax man is going to want you to sell your means of making money to pay his bill: that would be cutting his nose to spite his face as he'll be wanting money from you in the future. As said contact HMRC, explain the situation but make a realistic offer that shows you're not taking the mick. Mr HMRC will get his money, sure, just not now.