navara must go. gutted

the hedge man

Its allready been coverd a wee bit, but when I get payed from Joe Blogs I put it into my acount and then take a percentage out and put it into a savings acount. After all your expenses etc is taken out at the end of the year I usally have some £ left over that I can use, feels abit like a bonus really :001_smile: but the main thing is, is that you have the £ to pay mr tax man and never have to worry :001_smile: I know we all need cash flow but if times are really hard or you need abit of a loan then you can always take £ out of the "tax savings" just keep a record and make sure you put it back in when work is busy. I havent failed with this yet payed the tax man the day after I got my bill :thumbup1:

Just an idea :thumbup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its allready been coverd a wee bit, but when I get payed from Joe Blogs I put it into my acount and then take a percentage out and put it into a savings acount. After all your expenses etc is taken out at the end of the year I usally have some £ left over that I can use, feels abit like a bonus really :001_smile: but the main thing is, is that you have the £ to pay mr tax man and never have to worry :001_smile: I know we all need cash flow but if times are really hard or you need abit of a loan then you can always take £ out of the "tax savings" just keep a record and make sure you put it back in when work is busy. I havent failed with this yet payed the tax man the day after I got my bill :thumbup1:

Just an idea :thumbup:

This is exactly what we do. Do it for our GST (VAT) bill too. Works very well, think last year we had about 10k extra which was nice.

Still gutted for you bro, sucks having to sell gear to pay a tax bill!

It's all well and good saying put a bit aside, but having been there if you just haven't got anything coming in and it's sitting there put aside to pay the tax man at a later date what are you going to do, pretty obvious to me.

I really feel for you, it's not nice having to sell kit to keep going.

Hedge man, I think you are panicking for no good reason. Just pay the tax man when you have it. All they'll do is send progressively heavier worded letters. Selling your truck should really be a last resort. You're not there yet from what I can make out

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

It's not a wee bit of interest. It's £100 a month up to £1400. Just call them. They're are flexible as long as your honest.

That's new to me! Never pay my tax bill on time & not always contacted them however by April time they are on the phone! Going to accountants tomorrow and will find out how much I'm due:thumbdown:

It's not a wee bit of interest. It's £100 a month up to £1400. Just call them. They're are flexible as long as your honest.

That something to do with failing to submit a return in on time, new fines for this tax year or last, I forget-I read the rules for the then forth coming year but then went fully into the Swedish tax system

whatever you choose to do is your business, i do know that the way your ad is worded makes the truck sound bad! turbo problems arent the end of the road, sometimes down to a stuck wastegate, if you have any mates in the motor trade get them to look at it, it looks like a clean motor.... it would be a shame to see you taken advantage of by a best price merchant! the navarra has had the same basic engine for a decade, the turbo should be easily available! good luck and do not get stressed, google hypertension releif if your still feeling down, i have an idea where your at!