Ms460 vs ms461

mcleish17

I thought the 460 looked quicker as well, either way both hampered by the husky bar!

Strangely enough, the husqy bar would probably helped the saw, 20 inches on 3/8 husqy chain means the gauge is finer, sending more power to the end, but I am surprised it fit

Strangely enough, the husqy bar would probably helped the saw, 20 inches on 3/8 husqy chain means the gauge is finer, sending more power to the end, but I am surprised it fit

No Stihl should demean itself by pulling that flimsy girly Husky cutting gear... :lol::lol::lol:

If your budget can reach, I was in the same boat as you a few days ago. Looking for a big saw what to get 440s 660s looked at the husksy as well and i was going to get a 441. But got talked out of it ms660 with a few bars. It will do what the 440 can plus more

a firm i worked for had a 441 and i used to think it was the dogs dangalies then i got a ms440 and that saw was mental good!!

the 460 is a great saw but i found that i could fell all day with the 440, and it had plenty of poke with an 18 inch bar, and found the 460 just that bit heavier.

sadly the 440 died so i carried the bar over on to a MS660 and got a husky 550xp. :thumbup: