Is this a good deal ?

Tommy Hutchinson

Yes, i imagine it will save a few quid against buying individually, but it's probably not exactly the kit you'd put together yourself, there will be things you don't need and things missing. What system do you climb on? Personally I'd start from scratch. Will get precisely what you want and you'll probably spend less....

why a grand? to me the essentials are harness, rope, strop, spikes ans a few carrabiners. Anything else i would want to try first, the gadgets that are cool and energy saving.:thumbup1:

When i wanted to get the gadgets, i waited till Capel Manor Show in Spring and had a go on them, chatted to loads of Arbtalkers who gave me loads of tips and then i bought them off the nicest guys there, at the time it was Tree worker as they held the climbing practice area and had their guys showing everyone stuff, so i put the money to them.

Since then i have bought kit off nearly all the companies off here, i like to support as many as possible, and they all give a great service.

The only thing i have bought that i hate is the Spiderjack, and i never tried before i bought it:001_rolleyes:

With a grand you could get a Top Handle and a lot of kit:001_smile:

Depends where you are, I'm going to avoid pushing one sponsor over another because I know they all give great service. I am very happy with the one I buy from the most, I think their prices, service and delivery times take some beating! :biggrin:

If you're after a kit to tie in with what you learn at college I'm not the best person to ask because I've not been nor done the CS climbing units, but when I started climbing on a blakes hitch I had a 35m rope, 1m ish split tail, handful of crabs, micro pulley, harness and then added to it from there.

I now have a rather large kit for the amount I actually climb....:blushing:

I need to inventory it actually, might start tonight! :thumbup:

Hello Thomas,

The kits we have put together are designed to save you a little money. It is cheaper than if you were to buy all the bits individually. Admittedly it's not a massive difference as margins are already tight but every little helps!

Like others say though there'll no doubt be things in some of our kits that u may not need or what, you'll never please everyone unfortunately.

If u wanted to make up a list of gear u were looking to purchase and call or email it through to us we'll endeavour to sort you out!

:)

Hello Thomas,

The kits we have put together are designed to save you a little money. It is cheaper than if you were to buy all the bits individually. Admittedly it's not a massive difference as margins are already tight but every little helps!

Like others say though there'll no doubt be things in some of our kits that u may not need or what, you'll never please everyone unfortunately.

If u wanted to make up a list of gear u were looking to purchase and call or email it through to us we'll endeavour to sort you out!

:)

This sounds like a good solution :thumbup1:

Thanks for all your replies this helps alot, i will be in contact with gustharts to talk about some gear.

I need a set up so i can climb straight away and if i was to choose the gear i would really want the price would be well over £1000 pound without top handle or even a rigging kit, so i just need to "get of the ground". Tree gear is not cheap (because it is of good quality), i think a £1000 pound is not a large amount of money when you consider a harness is 2 to £300 pound.

Thanks Tom

Edited by Tommy Hutchinson