Ash Die Back? Opinions please

Phil71

In post 6 he recommends sending a sample, and the difference between highly likely and likely results in the same ultimate diagnosis: maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. Picking on it does seem patronizing to me, sorry if you didn't intend it to come accross as such.

Bark dieing beyond the collar can be a symptom.

It was never a professional opinion, just an informal one (from someone who knows their onions and has a passion for them) on a public forum.

None of us are perfect: can't we all just get along!!?!?!?

I guess you either missed post 15 then, or just chose to omit it?

One rule for all eh?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I chose to omit nothing. I'm sorry, I don't see what relevance it has to my post. Care to elaborate?

Well, he attacks my post with his usual aggressive pettiness but you don't seem interested? Am I not allowed to defend my position?

If you had been willing to be neutral in this, then the mature position would have been to realise that in post 15 HE threw down the gauntlet, so everything after is fair game!

To "get on" as you suggest, (which I am all in favour of doing) we need maturity in equal ammounts.

For me this type of pampering is more akin to a school playground, where the trouble causing little p**** gets his big brothers to sort his s*** out

Well, he attacks my post with his usual aggressive pettiness but you don't seem interested? Am I not allowed to defend my position?

If you had been willing to be neutral in this, then the mature position would have been to realise that in post 15 HE threw down the gauntlet, so everything after is fair game!

To "get on" as you suggest, (which I am all in favour of doing) we need maturity in equal ammounts.

For me this type of pampering is more akin to a school playground, where the trouble causing little p**** gets his big brothers to sort his s*** out

By all means defend your position. You have some valid points! And he does sometimes bring it upon himself. However, and I am by no means singling you out, since his recent 'I'm leaving' episode he has in my eyes been picked on unfairly and often unjustly. It would be a shame for many if he really did leave.

For the record, I don't think he has ever asked a 'big brother' to defend him. People just do. Some see his posts and replies in different lights, which is fine. Some question them, even better. Some can't resist personal comments or petty insults, picking on grammar etc. That I feel is unnecessary and embarrassing, as a forum visited by members of the public looking for friendly advice.

Hey ho, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Edited by sloth

From a conference on tackling threats to Londons trees today it was mentioned by Bruce Rothnie (Plant Health Team Manager, FC England) that a group of mature ash (no age range given) were felled in a woodland in Suffolk last year which had identified symptoms of Chalara fraxinea from up amongst their canopies.

I am not suggesting the tree of this thread has Chalara fraxinea :001_rolleyes::biggrin:

I am not attacking you Jonny, i wouldnt feed a fire that is burning my soul, like im a Hethen wicka heritic.:lol:

as for big brother, I can handle your heat on my own, and of this you can be certain, big bro on this site wouldn't hear a word from me about it, so trust me, im on my own.