Chain oil blockage.

David oakman

My 026 is only using a quarter of a tank of oil to one fill of fuel it should use three quarters per fuel tank. the bar is clean and the chain has anyone got any clues as to the problem. I am no mechanic but if it snows tomoz i could give it a go at putting it right many thanks for advice.:001_smile:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 026 is only using a quarter of a tank of oil to one fill of fuel it should use three quarters per fuel tank. the bar is clean and the chain has anyone got any clues as to the problem. I am no mechanic but if it snows tomoz i could give it a go at putting it right many thanks for advice.:001_smile:

check the screw underneath is fully open.

but i would think it might just be full of crap.

clean it out with petrol, take the clunk off and give it a good blow. andstick a small straw thru the oiler from the bar end.

if the 026 is old it will be driven by the sprocket cover, take it off and make sure it hasnt broken, this will happen if you dont clean it out properly, it will just be driven by the vibration so only oiling a wee bit.:001_smile:

Hope im not trying to teach you to suck eggs but...

Could always turn the pump up abit, to increase the flow of oil.

Take off the guide bar to make sure the oil holes are clear, and whilst thats off just check the oil delivery channel on the saw is clean.

Drain the chain oil tank and check the the filter/gauze isnt blocked on the oil pipe.

Thats all i can think of, il post more if i think of them, all the best

Tom

first of all just take off the side case, bar and chain then start and run the saw at half revs and check the oil is being pumped out of the oil gallery. If it is then the feed rate just needs turning up.

If not it could be quite a few things but you will need to take off the clutch cover etc to access the oil pump itself. Once there it's easy to strip and put back together, just strip everything right down, inc pipe to the oil tank and clean everything out

It's easy if you like engines i am no good with mechanics. I am going to try in 2009 to try and learn a bit to save keep sending them away for repair so all your advice is welcome.

the best thing i ever got for the saws mate was a small compressor with a gun/nozzle on the end. i had the same problem as you. it was the end of the oiler under the cover that broke because of all the crap. the part was pennys but the inconvenience was a pain. A quick blast out at the end of the night, especially after a wet day, just keeps ontop of them. obviously they need a thurough blast and clean as well, but the compressor makes it a doddle. oh and i always by 026 s 2 at a time since then.:001_smile:

Sorry David, I presume everyone is like myself. The hardest part is taking off the clutch housing to expose the oil pump, but you get a little tool to put in the sparkplug hole to lock the piston and crank.

Just get a clean sheet of paper and place everything in order that they were taken off and which ever way up they were taken off then just put them back in reverse order.

The only way to learn is to get toed in.

The compressor is a must BTW and do as I do and don't work in the rain :001_tongue: