Rock machinery stump grinder

Drayton tree care

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, this is Alan from rock machinery. I have found this post on our 13hp stump grinder. If anyone has any questions about them then I am more than happy to reply. We will shortly be putting our mk2 grinder into production so anyone that does own one at the moment i would appreciate both positive and negitive feedback in order for us to further improove the design.

A few points that I would like to clarify about our grinders are listed below , in addition to this there is a list of modifications we plan to add which will increace th production cost by app 200quid.

Firstly the main frame is produced in a factory that frames for various grinders come out of. Each company has their slight variations etc but essentially is the same frame.

Time and time again we hear the cheap chinese phrase coming up, we do have the components produced in china BUT the quality control system at point of production is our own with our own guy out there watching over to ensure quality is high.

PRICE PRICE PRICE!!! Everyone assumes that because we are half the price of everyone else the quality is not there, this is not the case, from manufacture to point of sale there are no middle men. This means there is only one slice out of the pie essentially rather than passing through 3,4,5 sets of hands. As a business model we have pledged that we will never allow more than ourselves and a storefront in the chain. By sticking to this we will always be able to provide high quality products cheap! It will also allow us to closely monitor our products performance and improove design where needed.

Tooth type. The tooth style on our grinders works really well as im sure owners of our grinders know, however in my opinion I think this is stopping a lot of people from buying. Please come back to me on this one but we are planning on fitting finger teeth in future.

Future design changes - please respond with comments

We plan to loose the dead mans handle and fit with a emergency stop swith to allow for the machine to run at idle hands free.

Foldable handles to half the transport height so they can fit in the boot of an estate car or van.

Industry standard tooth config

Engine options of standard or kohler and output of 13hp and 15hp

Replacable blade guard

As i said earlier on we want to make this one of the best small grinders on the market whilst keeping the price below 2k plus vat. I look forward to comments both positive and negitave

Hi Alan, haev looked at these machines before but never thought much of th head.

if you make the changes as you have stated on the mk2 machine it will be a good spec, can you not give options of various heads, my big machine runs multi tip and i want this when i upgrade my smaller grinder.

A foldable handle in 2 places like the pred 350 would be even better.

IC TREES, I have the vermeer sc130 which looks to be a virtually identical machine.

I had mine converted to a multi tipped head, It was actually the first one they ever did so essentially i proto typed it really.

What a difference it made, totally different machine well worth the expense

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Also I would look to see if you offer one with a pivot design similar to the fsi or bandit. I think for smaller machines this is the future.

I agree, the new laski 360 is a pivot machine and will be a big step forward with small machines.

I will be buying one when they come out.